By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think about Titanfall's Metacritic score? (XOne)

Do you think the game deserves this score?

Yes 96 20.73%

No, it should've been lower 184 39.74%

No, it should've been higher 57 12.31%

I don't know because I h... 126 27.21%

Total:463
d21lewis said:
Read the OP and Max's post. Let me guess:

Xbox One fans think it's a great score/game. Playstation fans are "disappointed" with such a low score.

How did I do?

Nailed it lol. Leave it to PS fans to be disapointed for us. Even though my thread predicted the meta range lol.

Just wait until Infamous gets a low 80's meta ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Callum_Alexander said:
Squeezol said:

So now that Titanfall's Metacritic score is at a solid 87, what do you think about it? Did you expect a score like this or perhaps lower or higher? 

I pretty much expected this score as it was hyped (and I didn't believe they were hyping a game that didn't hold enough value) but I don't really know if the game is really good in my opinion because I haven't played it yet. 

Also, idiotic user reviews are back like always for these kind of hyped games: people giving 10s and 0s all over the place, that doesn't seem right..

The solid 87 just became a solid 86. Either way, both are fantastic scores for a brand new IP that is online only. Respawn certainly know how to create a solid first-person-shooter, and whilst the game doesn't really appeal to me, if/when the sequel is released on the PlayStation 4, I will probably buy it to try it out. 

Time to edit that... Nothing is perfectly solid I guess.

d21lewis said:
Read the OP and Max's post. Let me guess:

Xbox One fans think it's a great score/game. Playstation fans are "disappointed" with such a low score.

How did I do?

6/10.

I you're mostly right about Xb fans. But I think PS fans are more than happy to point out that while 87 is a very good score for any game it's not a score that will set the world on fire; ergo it's not a game changing game in the context of the never ending console wars. So "disappointed" is the wrong word.

And phew! so glad Destiny is on PS, 'cause an exclusive Destiny+exclusive TF+Halo would have put the fps fanbase firmly on Xb one, which is a significant fanbase.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

86% is a more than worthy score.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

So after playing the final product for a while, I think the score is spot-on. But at the same time, I don't see this having the staying power as some other shooters out there, but I can't quite put my finger on why.