By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Many Critical Hits (75+ Metascore) will the Wii U have in 2014?

Tagged games:

How many 75+ Games in 2014?

1 to 10 41 23.98%

11 to 20 43 25.15%

21 to 30 37 21.64%

31 to 40 10 5.85%

41 to 50 3 1.75%

50 or higher 12 7.02%

See Results 25 14.62%

Total:171
DamnTastic said:
Isn't a critical hit 90+?

The majority these days thinks a game is shit when it's not green on meta

In my mind, a "hit" is any game that's not a "miss." Thus, even if all those non-green games are misses, that leaves 75 as the hit limit.

Plus, if your definiition of a "hit" is 90+, then you're only going to see roughly two hits on a Nintendo console per year since 2006. That's not enough data points to be very interesting.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

maybe 5 or 6

I don't see many announced games. What am I missing?

My 8th gen collection

Let's see... it has already two this year, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Castlestorm. This year Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Brothers... and, that's pretty much about it from Nintendo releases. We don't know if X it's going to release in 2014, at least in Western countries, we don't know almost nothing about SMT x Fire Emblem, neither about the Yoshi game... Well, we have to consider many indie titles that are coming also this year to the console.

I'm expecting something between 10 and 15. Very sad.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

If we get 30 or more, I'm going to bump this thread.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

27 titles.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

It would be better to ask how many titles up to 85 on metacritic is going to have, WiiU is not going to have a big number of games, so is hard to even reach 20, but many of the titles wiiu is going to have are probably very good, i´m assuming no less than 5 not indie games with +85.

Goodnightmoon said:
It would be better to ask how many titles up to 85 on metacritic is going to have, WiiU is not going to have a big number of games, so is hard to even reach 20, but many of the titles wiiu is going to have are probably very good, i´m assuming no less than 5 not indie games with +85.

Well, like I said, it got 27 titles with a +75 Metascore.

If you put 85 as the base, the number would much lower and depressing.

Metallox said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I don´t think so, we´ll see how many +85 Ps4 and One will have at the end of the year, and how many +90, I have 3 candidates for that on WiiU, just 1 for the other 2.

Goodnightmoon said:
Metallox said:

I don´t think so, we´ll see how many +85 Ps4 and One will have at the end of the year, and how many +90, I have 3 candidates for that on WiiU, just 1 for the other 2.

The PS4 has 5 90+ games on Meta that released in 2014...