By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Many Critical Hits (75+ Metascore) will the Wii U have in 2014?

Tagged games:

How many 75+ Games in 2014?

1 to 10 41 23.98%

11 to 20 43 25.15%

21 to 30 37 21.64%

31 to 40 10 5.85%

41 to 50 3 1.75%

50 or higher 12 7.02%

See Results 25 14.62%

Total:171
Salnax said:

Admittedly, the first two months of the year have not been kind to the Wii U. However, the Wii U is due to receive dozens of eShop games this year. If a quarter of them are good, that's about 15 "Green" games. Then, we add the few surefire hits under the Nintendo banner, such as Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Bayonetta, which is another, say, five games. Last, we throw in every non-Nintendo 3rd party retail game this year, both exclusive and multiplatform. This will include likely sucessful games like Skylanders 4, Watch Dogs, LEGO titles, etc. Even with fairly modest estimates, this should all add up to around the same amount of "Green" games we had in 2013, about 30 or so. If more eShop games are announced or another few retail games are announced, 2014 can likely do somewhat better than 2013. Though I admit, the 48 needed to out-quality 2012 and 2013 combined would be tough.

What do you think? Will the Wii U have a decent number of critical hits this year?

LOL, Watch Dogs didn't make it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
DerNebel said:

So you want to set up the criteria in a way that shows that which is impossible to show, great. Also I'm not getting angry and you not wanting to include these things does not disprove that tons of people do include and exclude certain games to make the list look more like they want it to look.

i think excluding remakes or ports is a very fair stipulation, i dont see what your problem is with that. it doesnt favor any one console over another. 

I don't have a problem with it, if you want to make your list not include remakes/remasters then do that and enjoy your list for yourself but don't think that  that should be accepted by everyone. At the end of the day everyone is going to have their own things they search for in games or a system.

So just because you don't want to include e.g. TLOU:R, doesn't mean that playing that game in the highest fidelity isn't a reason for someone else to buy a system and is thus going to be included in his/her list. You cannot make a universally true list that shows who has the better games (and even trying that on the basis of metacritic is a whole nother story) no matter how you set it up.

I don't think anyone buys his console because of remakes though... Unless they never got the chance to play it the first time. They buy their console based on expectations for the future. PS4 doesn't have all that many good games right now, most PS4 fans will admit that, but everyone knows that PS4 will have a great library in the near future. Some people just don't have the patience to wait so long and already buy their console early.

I did that with the Wii U... Still waiting for Metroid Nintendo... 

DerNebel said:

I don't have a problem with it, if you want to make your list not include remakes/remasters then do that and enjoy your list for yourself but don't think that  that should be accepted by everyone. At the end of the day everyone is going to have their own things they search for in games or a system.

So just because you don't want to include e.g. TLOU:R, doesn't mean that playing that game in the highest fidelity isn't a reason for someone else to buy a system and is thus going to be included in his/her list. You cannot make a universally true list that shows who has the better games (and even trying that on the basis of metacritic is a whole nother story) no matter how you set it up.

you need to relax, man. lol seriously. of course its my opinion that remakes shouldnt be included.. a lot of people share that opinion. in fact, that opinion i would say is most likely the majority. you dont see major gaming websites including remakes in goty discussions, do you? i think there is a lot of credibility behind my opinion that remakes shouldnt be included in lists like this. 

if everything is just chalked up to opinion and we can never find common ground, then why do you spend so much time on this forum? if everybody is just going to make their own list that they enjoy by themselves and thats it, then whats the point of coming on here and communicating ideas to other people? stop taking things to that level because its not constructive.

I am calm. And even if remakes aren't included in GOTY lists, I've seen a lot of remakes be counted in best games on a system lists, especially for Nintendo handhelds.

Also I'm on this site to discuss sales mostly and to talk about PS games that interest me, most definitely not to make console war lists to show who has the better games.

DerNebel said:
DerNebel said:

you need to relax, man. lol seriously. of course its my opinion that remakes shouldnt be included.. a lot of people share that opinion. in fact, that opinion i would say is most likely the majority. you dont see major gaming websites including remakes in goty discussions, do you? i think there is a lot of credibility behind my opinion that remakes shouldnt be included in lists like this. 

if everything is just chalked up to opinion and we can never find common ground, then why do you spend so much time on this forum? if everybody is just going to make their own list that they enjoy by themselves and thats it, then whats the point of coming on here and communicating ideas to other people? stop taking things to that level because its not constructive.

I am calm. And even if remakes aren't included in GOTY lists, I've seen a lot of remakes be counted in best games on a system lists, especially for Nintendo handhelds.

Also I'm on this site to discuss sales mostly and to talk about PS games that interest me, most definitely not to make console war lists to show who has the better games.

fair enough. i would say i am on here because i like discussing sales (always have) and i enjoy the history of consoles, for example, the 360 impacted the industry by doing x, y, z and the most notable games that contributed to those things are x, y, z. thats kind of how i see this discussion. anyways, its nice to see you not giving me the silent treatment anymore. ill see you around some other time, im sure.

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

I don't think anyone buys his console because of remakes though... Unless they never got the chance to play it the first time. They buy their console based on expectations for the future. PS4 doesn't have all that many good games right now, most PS4 fans will admit that, but everyone knows that PS4 will have a great library in the near future. Some people just don't have the patience to wait so long and already buy their console early.

I did that with the Wii U... Still waiting for Metroid Nintendo... 

Well honestly, going by "do people buy a console for this" would open a completely new can of worms and would bring us back to the whole sales subject.

And while there are probably not many (if any) people that would buy a PS4 solely for let's say TLOU:R again, who's to say that that game couldn't be the one that swayed some people that weren't sure, if they wanted to go with the X1 or PS4 for example.

Around the Network

The WiiU had a great year in terms of great games. 2015 looks to be great aswell