By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone really care about Virtual Reality gaming?

Do you look forward to VR gaming?

Yes 91 51.70%

No 52 29.55%

Indifferent 33 18.75%

Total:176
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
For virtual sex games, yes! For anything else, not really... it would be a fun thing to try but maybe not buy

Japan's gonna go wild

Around the Network

Yes. Yes I fucking do.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Occulus is not VR gaming. Its a screen in your face.

It will obviously fail. Marketing wise i dont see how it will have any hope in the market. Humans are lazy. Strapping a screen to your face and movin your head versus using a right analog stick with your thumb. Doesnt take a genius to conclude that it will never work. They need to bring more to the table if they want to have a chance.

I am hyped. As soon as OR drops and there is a great game for it I'm getting it. Price doesn't really matter.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Completely depends on price and support. If it's within the price range of the average gamer, and is supported by multiple large series, then i can see VR being huge. If not then we will probably have to wait another few years for the technology to be more accessible.

Around the Network

Depends if it's actually virtual reality of just some lame head-mounted display.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I think it's a more worthwhile "hook" than Kinect 2.0 or a tablet controller, but the problem is its likely to be expensive for a while and only works well in certain genres.

I certainly don't. Even as a kid in the early 90s, I thought the idea of VR sounded stupid. And quite frankly, the Occulus Rift looks just as clunky and ridiculous now as old prototype VR sets back then looked.

I'd rather sit on my couch in comfort and see the game on a big screen in front of me, not on a tiny screen strapped to my face like an idiot, thanks.

Nem said:
Occulus is not VR gaming. Its a screen in your face.

Care to eleborate why it is not VR gaming and what is VR gaming to you? It shows you a virtual room and follows your head movements.

Why would anyone want to stand up and wave a controller around when they could just sit on their couch and press a button? No one's going to buy that. 

/snickers