By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone really care about Virtual Reality gaming?

Do you look forward to VR gaming?

Yes 91 51.70%

No 52 29.55%

Indifferent 33 18.75%

Total:176

Not me. I hate the idea of a headset strapped to my head, and I don't think screens that close to your eyes is good for you. A holodeck, however, ... I could get into that.

Around the Network

yes!! that means a NB can take overthe interwebs with a .hack// game

#PKK!!!

If there will be another big step in gaming it will be VR so yes, I'm very much looking forward to it. I want to finally try it, I wish Sony or OR will have demo stations soon so I can try it, and see if it's true. I have high hopes.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Seeing is believing.

Try vr before judging it.

More promising than Kinect.

Around the Network

Virtual Reality, to me, is key to increase the immersion rate a player can receive from a video game. I like being immersed into a world, but feel wounded when the story/experience feels unworthy of the money spent to produce it. In other words: if I feel like I could have done better, I become annoyed.

Virtual reality will only work if the complete package sold is very functional, practical, and inexpensive. In other words, we are a long ways off, It doesn't hurt to promote it on it's early stages if that's where you want you video game experience to go, but I'm too cheap to spend money on something that I have to put a lot of effort to entertain me. After all, I would be buying the tech to get a virtual experience, not an eduction on optimizing my experience for every different game out there.

If done right, Sony could potentially sell a virtual reality (V.R) package similar the the console experience. A place where people could just plug and play their way into V.R and not have to worry about the technical aspects of the hardware. If they can do that, they would leap over any other entertainment company out there, but knowing how horrible Sony is in proprietary mandates, software optimization, and product support (both marketing & technical support on niche products). I'm incline wonder if it's truly possible for them to push this endeavour.

In a sense, it could become a similar situation to Kinect, They have to get it right quickly or some other tech will make it feel like an unnecessary add-on that only intrudes into the video gaming experience.

Yes, when it is cheap enough that normal citizen can buy one.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

I'm interested in trying it, but I don't expect to like it.

Depends on the price.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

until it becomes like sword art online i dont really care i would rather play the game on my tv then have something strapped to my face