By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone really care about Virtual Reality gaming?

Do you look forward to VR gaming?

Yes 91 51.70%

No 52 29.55%

Indifferent 33 18.75%

Total:176

With the Oculus Rift and now the Sony rumors of a VR headset, I began to wonder if anyone cares about virtual reality gaming.

Personally, I see it as the 3D TV of the gaming world. Remember a few years back when all the TV manufacturers bet on that?

I have no interest in strapping a TV to my head now. Then again, I have no interest in other big gaming trends like Minecraft or Twitch broadcasting.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Around the Network

If Sony announces vr at GDC, as soon as the presentation is over i will drive to the store and lay some cash down..

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

dreamcast210 said:

Does anyone really care about Virtual Reality gaming?

I definitely won't write VR gaming off before I've tried it. A lot of those who've tried Oculus seem to be positive so I'll look forward to try Oculus Rift or PlayStaion VR in the near future.

Very much. Not for most genres, but for things like Star Citizen and other space sims, it's a perfect match.

DD_Bwest said:
If Sony announces vr at GDC, as soon as the presentation is over i will drive to the store and lay some cash down..

If someone else does it, you won't buy it?

OT: No. Motion sickness in a HUGE problem for me, the only way I can play VR games is if I take a dramamine before a game session...

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

For virtual sex games, yes! For anything else, not really... it would be a fun thing to try but maybe not buy

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

osed125 said:
DD_Bwest said:

If someone else does it, you won't buy it?

OT: No. Motion sickness in a HUGE problem for me, the only way I can play VR games is if I take a dramamine before a game session...

I dont have a gaming rig right now,  nor do i have an Xbox or WiiU.  It would be rather foolish to buy a VR set for another system that i do not own lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

I'm indifferent. I don't have too high expectations for the quality of VR headsets right now, but if it looks like a good experience when they launch then I might be interested.

My 8th gen collection

VR is a waste of time imo.

Ka-pi96 said:
I very much look forward to VR gaming.

Too bad these headsets aren't really VR, they are pretty much just sitting really really close to a tv.

only if the tv could recognize your head and would move to the right and left if you would look to the right or left. even if your tv would recognize your head it wouldn't help since the tv is on a fixed position. it's a totally different experience and not only like sitting close to a tv to see nothing as the screen.