By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone really care about Virtual Reality gaming?

Do you look forward to VR gaming?

Yes 91 51.70%

No 52 29.55%

Indifferent 33 18.75%

Total:176

So it seems a lot of ps4 fans are in support of 15 year old virtual boy technology, but consistently call Kinect gimmicky and stupid. I can't be the only one that sees a contradiction.

Around the Network

Isn't 3D the 3D TV of the gaming world :O

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

VR is my dream since I was a child.  Come on Sony with this DriveClub ! Show us !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

the-pi-guy said:
osed125 said:

If someone else does it, you won't buy it?

OT: No. Motion sickness in a HUGE problem for me, the only way I can play VR games is if I take a dramamine before a game session...

VR is not going to have motion sickness.  The reason it does right now is because it is low quality.  There is a disconnect between what you're seeing and what you're feeling.  

Less latency and higher resolution will do wonders.  Oculus Rift will be a "no motion-sickness experience."  

http://allthingsd.com/20131017/oculus-rift-will-be-a-no-motion-sickness-experience-with-4k-display-ceo-says/

The Future of the Rift” at the Gaming Insiders Summit today in San Francisco. He said the combination of improving screen quality and decreasing latency between motion in the game and virtual-reality vision will make the new class of games — or at least the ones not designed to cause motion sickness — nausea-free.

The CEO used his own experience to back up the claim: His own company’s previous hardware made him sick within two minutes, every time he tried it in the past. But with the latest internal build of the Oculus Rift, Iribe said he played for 45 minutes straight with no issues.

Meh I'll believe when I see it. I tried the Oculus Rift once on a video convention in my country and holy hell I almost vomit. I'm really sensitive with motion sickness, so it has to be literally perfect for me to not feel sick at all. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Currently I'm indifferent towards it. If it's done in a cool way though I would become interested in it.

Around the Network

Not for me. Isn't true VR. Just 3d tv strapped to your head, since the player is stationary.

I care a great deal. I'd buy one in a second if the price was right. the tech has advanced a great deal,since the virtual boy,but it steal has along way to go.

bucky1965 said:
Not for me. Isn't true VR. Just 3d tv strapped to your head, since the player is stationary.

You may be interested in this then:

http://geekheadradio.com/kickstarter-the-good-omni-virtual-reality-movement-platform/

I think most people have to try it before they can comment. I tried Occulus Rift at a convention with no preconceived notions about what to expect and was sold on the concept almost instantly. Easily the highlight of the show when PS4 and X1 were there and had yet to be released.

VR will be the true next gen experience imo, although good VR will probably be limited to PC for a while unless Sony has some impressive tech on offer with the PS4 headset.

When it gets to SAO level, I'll be all for it.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)