By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter predicts that the Kinect will stop being bundled in 2015

Yup the dark age of Don Mattrick is all but over

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I predict 3 months at E3.

Dark_Feanor said:
Let´s see...

MS will have a "weaker" console with no special feature to set apart its competitors... don´t think so. It´s the same thing as pushing Sony to dish the PS3 BluRay drive back in 2007, when they were in a much,much direr situation as Microsoft know (and no games until 2009).

PS: He´s been talking about PS360 price cuts for the last 4 years. Microsoft and Sony won´t go to a mutual destroctive price war.

PS2: People insist to forget XOne is yet to release in 50+ countries and is 25% more expensive than the PS4, thinking it would outsell it that easely was ludiocracy.

Blue Ray has penetrated the market and for those who still buy disc based media its still penetrating despite the fact that a lot of people are switching to digital. Blu Ray isn't a fad. It just came at a time when digital is on the rise.

Releasing the Xbox One without the Kinect makes too much  sense and that's why MS won't do it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I think it hugely depends on titanfall... if it fails to move x1 units, then after e3 but if it moves enough than 2015 or holiday 2014

Titanfall will move units but thats not enough to make an excluse for the Kinect weighing the console down. 

Around the Network

I don't think they can really do that anymore. They've sold it as an integral part of the experience, so buying an Xbox One without one will feel like you're only getting half of what a launch buyer would get.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

My prediction was wrong, otherwise it would have already had a kinectless SKU by now.

That is a pity, the Kinect 2.0 is the only real next gen thing about the Xbox One and by far the most attractive part of the console. I use it every day with Xbox Fitness and Kinect Rivals is looking like a fun diversion when it launches.
It will be even more relevant when the fitness and sports motion games arrive.
The PS4 may have won, but kinect 2.0 would assure Xbox One´s relevance in the gaming and gadget´s world. To unbundle it would be a hugeeee mistake.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

So that means Kinect will be wanted by everyone in 2015. Thanks Patcher for your input.

Kantor said:
I don't think they can really do that anymore. They've sold it as an integral part of the experience, so buying an Xbox One without one will feel like you're only getting half of what a launch buyer would get.

You could still buy the Kinect bundle if you're so inclined.

That said, I still don't think they're gonna drop Kinect. Maybe do a "re-launch" of sorts, but dropping the thing entirely doesn't sound like a great idea to me.