By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter predicts that the Kinect will stop being bundled in 2015

Puppyroach said:
I don't think they will do that since Nintendo has left the casual market open for the taking since releasing WiiU. Improving the software and releasing some strong titles will make X1 a holiday juggernaut.

The difference is that Wii was $250 while Xbox One is $500 and the Wiimote was brand new with a killer app from the start while Kinect was on 360 so it no longer has the newness factor and has no killer app.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I like Garnet Lee's solution. Get indies on the case and give Kinect some value. The question is whether you need more resource to develop a good Kinect game over a normal controller game? Can indies really put out great Kinect experiences without a lot of MS support? And do indies sell consoles or do AAA games sell consoles, so where should MS put its game development support?

Also interesting that they all reckon the marketing for inFamous has been lacking. Seems to me like Second Sons is the best marketed inFamous game yet. Perhaps they're just not seeing TV ads for it. But I reckon TV is not necessarily the best place to advertise any more. Everyone who is connected either DVRs shows and skip the ads or watches streaming. I basically never watch "live" TV anymore except for the 6PM news, sometimes.

They aslo talk about twitch as if millions of people will want to twitch stream. Fact is most people don't want to twitch stream but rather watch twitch streaming. PS4 can do it too, and you can buy PS4+camera for less than Xb one with Kinect. And if it's only for twitch streaming PS Eye is all you need.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Well, if he said it then rest assured there will Never be a Kinectless Xbox One.

Nor should their be. Once people get used to talking to their system, they try to do than with everything. Voice control, motion gaming, motion capture, all part of the future.

Next up should be 3D glasses.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

My prediction is they will cut $100 off before they cut Kinect.

Dark_Feanor said:
Let´s see...

MS will have a "weaker" console with no special feature to set apart its competitors... don´t think so. It´s the same thing as pushing Sony to dish the PS3 BluRay drive back in 2007, when they were in a much,much direr situation as Microsoft know (and no games until 2009).

PS: He´s been talking about PS360 price cuts for the last 4 years. Microsoft and Sony won´t go to a mutual destroctive price war.

PS2: People insist to forget XOne is yet to release in 50+ countries and is 25% more expensive than the PS4, thinking it would outsell it that easely was ludiocracy.

Yeah right releasing the Xbone in Peru is going to save it. 

Around the Network

I assure Patcher is full of shit, again. Who is this fucker to predict anything?

I think, at the very least, they will create an option for it so you don't have to purchase it. That's the first solution they should try. This could happen this year already, depending on how the One performs on the charts through summer and fall.

drop Kinect, make it 399 and you got yourself a new customer MS........hell just drop the price to 399

I think ms will stop with kincet by the fall

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Zappykins said:
Well, if he said it then rest assured there will Never be a Kinectless Xbox One.

Nor should their be. Once people get used to talking to their system, they try to do than with everything. Voice control, motion gaming, motion capture, all part of the future.

Next up should be 3D glasses.

3/10 unintresting.

Half of those things can be done with headsets.

Motion Gaming was done to death last gen.

Smartphone have been doing all of the things you listed since 2012.

binary solo said:

I like Garnet Lee's solution. Get indies on the case and give Kinect some value. The question is whether you need more resource to develop a good Kinect game over a normal controller game? Can indies really put out great Kinect experiences without a lot of MS support? And do indies sell consoles or do AAA games sell consoles, so where should MS put its game development support?

Also interesting that they all reckon the marketing for inFamous has been lacking. Seems to me like Second Sons is the best marketed inFamous game yet. Perhaps they're just not seeing TV ads for it. But I reckon TV is not necessarily the best place to advertise any more. Everyone who is connected either DVRs shows and skip the ads or watches streaming. I basically never watch "live" TV anymore except for the 6PM news, sometimes.

They aslo talk about twitch as if millions of people will want to twitch stream. Fact is most people don't want to twitch stream but rather watch twitch streaming. PS4 can do it too, and you can buy PS4+camera for less than Xb one with Kinect. And if it's only for twitch streaming PS Eye is all you need.

8/10; reasonable

Kinect 2.0 and PSEYE are both proprietary, can't be used on PCs. That's going to kill a ton of indie support right there. For those willing to make it on one of those platforms,  they are assuming the risk of a sub market on the whole gamng marketshare. It's safer to make a game that supports the Camera rather than a Game that only uses the camera.

All the Pachter hate is just jealousy, he gets paid to do what you guys do on the forum, and if he's wrong it doesn't really matter all that much but the internet audience will blow it out of proportion, and if he's right it will be ignored.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank