By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter predicts that the Kinect will stop being bundled in 2015

I hope it's true. The best thing that ever happened to Xbone was PS4 destroying it in sales. It is forcing MS to realize that casuals are all but gone and the industry has shifted back to the PS2 era. This is going to make for a better Xbone in the end all around and something more like we saw with 360 which, btw, was a result of PS2 smoking their asses.

If I were an Xbone owner right now, I'd be happy it's losing.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
So that means Kinect will be wanted by everyone in 2015. Thanks Patcher for your input.

Well I can 100% absolutely promise you I will never buy it with Kinect in the box. Kinect is a sham

I predict it will happen before that.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MS will either take a big loss this year and go $399 with Kinect, or drop Kinect and go $399 (in which case, PS4 will still be better as the X1 would just be a weaker console for the same price).

Either way, if they wait till next year for the price cut, it'll be too late. They need it for the Holidays.

rolltide101x said:
selnor1983 said:
So that means Kinect will be wanted by everyone in 2015. Thanks Patcher for your input.

Well I can 100% absolutely promise you I will never buy it with Kinect in the box. Kinect is a sham

Thats great to know. Because I have a family, and its absolutely important MS made Kinect Xbox rather than an add on. More devs will make games for it. The bonus is my kids and wife realy like playing Kinect games. Its fun and a blast as  family. But its also evn better that MS are supplying so many great core games to. or families like me PS4 is not an option. PS Eye wont get barely any support and woulld be a waste of money. My kids and Wife would never touch it and d hav to justify why I would spend 400 GBP on something only I will enjoy.

Titanfall wil sell Xboxs to core and Kinect Sports Rivals in April will entice families. Also Ive used Kinect alot in BF4. Maks leaning so much qucker and easier and more accurate. I can cntinue to aim with the controller wilst leaning instead of juggling the 2 on the pad. Work realy well.

We are 4 months into the gen. its far from over, and far from lost. This xmas will be the tell tale sign.

i never understood the whole doomed stuff. My Xbox friends wo havent got THe One didn buy PS4 they just waited. They and I would never trade Halo, Gears, Orza for PS excluisves. e dont rate PS exclusives. Believe it or not theres plenty out there who dont. They ar all jumping to Xbox One wih Titanfal. Right nowI have2 othr frinds with Xbox One. And 5 with PS4's. As of friday Ill have 12 friends with Xbox One. Maority of my PS3 owning friends bought PS4 straight away, but play their PS3's more. Majority of xbox owners I know played 360 over christmas and waited for Titanfall.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

if kinect is unbundled in 2015 then kinect sales will be pretty much shit that year. everybody who doesnt want a kinect with their xb1 will see now is the time to start selling their kinects used, since XB1's come without them then. and used kinects will flood the market for a cheap price. eating into new kinect sales. 

bananaking21 said:
selnor1983 said:

if kinect is unbundled in 2015 then kinect sales will be pretty much shit that year. everybody who doesnt want a kinect with their xb1 will see now is the time to start selling their kinects used, since XB1's come without them then. and used kinects will flood the market for a cheap price. eating into new kinect sales. 

I was being ironic. Patcher has never been right. He said Wii would fail, an said Wii U will sell by the ton. Amongt all his other wrong predictions.

selnor1983 said:
bananaking21 said:
selnor1983 said:

I was being ironic. Patcher has never been right. He said Wii would fail, an said Wii U will sell by the ton. Amongt all his other wrong predictions.

everybody makes mistakes, even the sex symbol of the gaming industry. 

For Microsoft's sake I hope he's right.

MS standing by kinect is going to go down as one of gamins biggest blinders.,It adds nothing anyone needs.