By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you ready to go back to Omaha Beach?

Which is better (for a nex-gen shooter)?

WW 2 47 60.26%

WW 3 11 14.10%

sci-fi 20 25.64%

Total:78

Last gen was all about Modern Warfare and/or Future Warfare (CoD, BF etc).

But, shooting nazis on a beach never gets old.

So. Are you ready for anoter WW II game? Sholud developer follow respawn or rather take step back (in time)?

Around the Network

I love WW2.

Actually... Yes it does get old... Before Modern Warfare, majority fps were WWII and that shit got old which is why they moved to Modern Warfare... So No, I am not ready for WWII and I hope we never go back to those games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

More than fucking ready. I am starving for a WW2 shooter for years, I'm still not buying non-WW2 CoDs or MoHs. Hopefully we'll get a true next gen WW2 shooter on the PS4. Maybe with a bigger emphasis on the psychological side of War, something like Spec Ops The Line.
The only one on the horizon is Enemy Front, but previews say it's ass, and not on the PS4 so CI Games can kiss my ass. Brothers in Arms Furious Four is supposedly still in development at Gearbox, but I'll believe it when I'll see it and the atmosphere doesn't do much for me.
Just give a modern CoD 1&2 or MoH:AA and the expansions....

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

there's not much more you can do with that era

i love it but,its exhausted

Around the Network

World at War is the only one with good graphics.But it's already old .. for me personally.

So yes, an Medal of Honor Allied Assault like game with beautiful Graphics .. need it. After all this future/today shooting games (ON MASS!!) ..

Yeah, I'd give it ago

I'm playing far fewer FPS games in general than I used to (maybe 1 per year), but I'd be interested in that. Star Citizen has me covered from the space FPS angle, so a good WWII shooter might be interesting

I'd like a WWI/WWII shooter with 100+ vs 100+ battles.

Look at this graph I made.

According to info from Giantbomb, this is the number of retail WW2 games by year since the 21st century began.

As you can see, for a while, we had too many of these games. From 2003 to 2011, we had at least 10 WW2 games a year every year except for 2004, which had eight such games. However, things started going down for the genre after 2009, and after 2011, we haven't had even 6 games a year any year. True, some new games might be announced for 2014 that push it over 5. But considering how there are only three so far announced, I doubt it.

Meanwhile, we have to remember that WW2 was probably the best historical event ever from a video game point of view. You had loads of tech. You had huge land, sea, and air battles. You had loads of sides and factions. You had Nazis, the perfect baddies for your shooter or other genre of choice. Think about it! Why bother making up sci-fi baddies when they're going to have to rip off the Nazis anyway?

The Virtual Nazis have been soaking up too few bullets since 2009. It's time for them to come back... so we can headshot them again.

Note: I am not advocating for the deaths of real-life Neo-Nazis. Just to be clear.

Love and tolerate.

I wouldn't have a problem with more WW2 shooters. It's not like we are getting dozens of them anyways ( unlike a certain other type of shooters).

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---