By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you ready to go back to Omaha Beach?

Which is better (for a nex-gen shooter)?

WW 2 47 60.26%

WW 3 11 14.10%

sci-fi 20 25.64%

Total:78

It's rare I am insterested in any setting (film/game/book etc) further back than 70s/80s, and those are usually only set then due to being made then.

Around the Network
hysterianut said:
there's not much more you can do with that era

i love it but,its exhausted

The last major WW2 game was 2008's COD World at War. We're in the year 2014 btw.

You don't think the 6 year difference could make a cool graphical difference in a brand new WW2 game?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

If WW2 shooter, eastern front or nothing. I never liked Omaha Beach, and I never want to revisit it.

I'd love a World War II shooter. Games seem so much better when they're based on real battles.

ps3-sales! said:
hysterianut said:

The last major WW2 game was 2008's COD World at War. We're in the year 2014 btw.

You don't think the 6 year difference could make a cool graphical difference in a brand new WW2 game?

Graphics is the only difference they can make

a story driven thing will be cool but i don't think it will happen

I just went and looked at WORLD AT WAR graphics just for that matter and i don't think they can really improve much out there

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
hysterianut said:

It's not like World at War sold badly either; 14 million on last gen consoles, best selling WW2 shooter of all time. And they just abandonded them for even better selling modern warfare stuff. If they'd come back, esp from Activision, I'd welcome them with open arms.

How about Call of Duty with time travel? Obviously this would be sci-fi. General Shephard survived and goes back in time, so you have to follow him thru WW2 (revisit Call of Duty 1 thru 3), cold war (revisit Black Ops 1 and 2), and revisit Modern Warfare 1-3. Just think about the DLC maps. At least this time, they don't have to pretend like they are using different maps with different colors (ala MW3 using MW1 maps with different title).

I really want another Saboteur, 

it is not a FPS but a great WWII game...

It is a open world game that takes place in Paris..  And I love it how they did it.. 

you start in Paris around 1939 before the invasion and you go on a trip to Germany for a race where you see the Nazi's everywhere and how scary Germany looks.    Then after the race you come back in Paris and you see how this lovely city is under attack and you see people trying to run away, getting shot and Paris becomes a Dark ugly city...

So their you are in the dark city and you are pissed of and you start to work with the resistance, and slowly when the days pass by you the city fight back, and you see that the Germans can't control it anymore and that some parts become free, and when that happens that part of the city becomes a lovely place again..

It is nice to play a WWII game like that, I really wish they made another game like this because you feel the impact you have and you see what the history did for a city... 

A FPS is nice aswell but how Saboteur did was the best for me :)..

I would love if any game took place during the siege of Leningrad.

Yes. Would like to see a game on the russian front. Havent been nearly enough of those.. It was a joy to play company of heroes 2 recently just for that reason