By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft wants to use Xbox Dashboard for political messages? Ugh.

Seece said:
Nem said:

Microsoft and EA = Everything for money. They will sell their first borns if need be. No morality, no councious no principals.

I dont even bother getting annoyed anymore. This is just more as expected.

Ridiculous post. MS has done more for human rights/equality in the work place than Sony and Nintendo combined (noy hyperbole). Funny how all the genuinely good deeds they do go completel unnoticed.

Good actions do not justify sleezy ones.

Generic Xbox/MS Fan Response: Microsoft/Xbox is doing {wants politicians to pay for targeted ads that will appear on the Xbox Live dashboard and other Microsoft products.}, why would I be mad?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

How is this any different from 2012 when it was all Obama all the time on my XBL dashboard in the run up to the presidential election?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Now we're bringing real politics into gaming, REALLY?
Pathetic.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Seece said:
Nem said:

Microsoft and EA = Everything for money. They will sell their first borns if need be. No morality, no councious no principals.

I dont even bother getting annoyed anymore. This is just more as expected.

Ridiculous post. MS has done more for human rights/equality in the work place than Sony and Nintendo combined (noy hyperbole). Funny how all the genuinely good deeds they do go completel unnoticed.

Good actions do not justify sleezy ones.

Generic Xbox/MS Fan Response: Microsoft/Xbox is doing {wants politicians to pay for targeted ads that will appear on the Xbox Live dashboard and other Microsoft products.}, why would I be mad?

I didn't say anything of the sort, I said it doesn't mean they have no morales ect.

Why are there adverts on a console you've paid for? Infact why are there adverts on a console you've paid for which also has a subscription to access it's online feature?

I'm not kidding when I say this but having adverts on Xbox is joke and should never have been done, I'm surprised people put up with it. It's a disgrace and utterly awful.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I don't see why it would piss off anyone. Why does it matter? An ad is an ad.

The Fury said:
Why are there adverts on a console you've paid for? Infact why are there adverts on a console you've paid for which also has a subscription to access it's online feature?

I'm not kidding when I say this but having adverts on Xbox is joke and should never have been done, I'm surprised people put up with it. It's a disgrace and utterly awful.

The adverts are small and hard to notice, they don't affect the ease of use of the dashboard. 

You pay for some tv channels but they still have ads, same thing here.

I don't pay for TV channels. That aside, gaming should never get political in any way. Ever.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Xen said:
Now we're bringing real politics into gaming, REALLY?
Pathetic.

It's hardly new. I haven't been on Xbox Live in years, but there was already an obnoxious amount of political stuff in 2008. So again, nothing shocking about this.

OdinHades said:
I don't pay for TV channels. That aside, gaming should never get political in any way. Ever.

Dude the ad remains an ad. Gaming is not getting political, youre seeing ads on a console, that's it. If you don't see the ad-that-shall-not-be-seen you'll see it on internet or on tv instead. This isn't even a big deal you people are so over-exagerating this.