By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton To Step Down As President And CEO Of Sony Computer Entertainment America

Any idea of Who's going to replace him ?

Around the Network

Well, he did his job well, very well. Wonder whats in store for him next.

What the hell is happening over at Sony? Lot's of people being fired and leaving these days...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

eFKac said:
RG3Hunna said:
As a sony fan this is depressing :( ..... Hopefully the new ceo doesn't destroy the momentum Sony currently has with the PS4.

Ohh come on, he had one good E3, where he only had to deliver the news, otherwise he did a lot of shitty PR job, not to mention how terrible PS3 performed in the US.

Plus he was the least likeable higher up from SCE, arogant, corporate suit. Someone I would perfectly envision in MS, Apple, or the like, not SCE.

Show a little more respect for your own general.....

He was the sheppard to the sheep, the jewel in the crown of Kaz, someone who made an entire E3 crowd cheer with thunderous applause for the slightest uplifting comment.

Not to mention guys like me never got why he was so beloved by you guys. Now you cast him out like a leper. Shame on you.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

zumnupy10 said:
Any idea of Who's going to replace him ?

Shawn Layden, currently Executive Vice President and COO of Sony Network Entertainment International, will become President and CEO of SCEA, effective April 1, 2014.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
VitroBahllee said:
You know what this means, don't you?!

Time for a new CEO.

I wonder how people would react to Mattrick being the CEO of SCEA!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

wonder if the new guy will present sony's e3 presentation
http://www.digitaltrends.com/ces-videos/sony-entertainment-network-discusses-its-plans-for-total-world-domination/#!yKYKM

it's that guy.
i like tretton though, too bad

gooch_destroyer said:
think-man said:
Whys is he leaving I wonder?

To work with Microsoft.

Nonesense, he will work for Nintendo and be best buds with Iwata and Reggie. ;)

sales2099 said:
eFKac said:
RG3Hunna said:
As a sony fan this is depressing :( ..... Hopefully the new ceo doesn't destroy the momentum Sony currently has with the PS4.

Ohh come on, he had one good E3, where he only had to deliver the news, otherwise he did a lot of shitty PR job, not to mention how terrible PS3 performed in the US.

Plus he was the least likeable higher up from SCE, arogant, corporate suit. Someone I would perfectly envision in MS, Apple, or the like, not SCE.

Show a little more respect for your own general.....

He was the sheppard to the sheep, the jewel in the crown of Kaz, someone who made an entire E3 crowd cheer with thunderous applause for the slightest uplifting comment.

Not to mention guys like me never got why he was so beloved by you guys. Now you cast him out like a leper. Shame on you.

Sales you need to finally understand that you don't really know the Playstation fans all that well. I have no idea who are the "we Sony fans" you are talking about, cause I always felt that our beloved ones were Kaz, Shu, and recently Cerny. No one is denying that he had a great E3 2013, cause he pretty much killed the Xbone. 

But the overall consensus was always like I said, the "I'll give you 1200$ if you'll find a PS3", "3DS is a great babysitting tool", etc. it hasn't done Sony any good in the PR department and Sony fans acknowleged that, that's why I don't think many will cry after his departure.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Jack Tretton was a good guy, I don't get all the hate. Of course he said some disagreeable things, but never about the consumer. Always about the competition in the Sega Vs. Nintendo sort of way. 

Which is much worse than saying people will work two jobs to buy our product or if you don't have internet get a 360.

He was definetly the playstation equivalent of Reggie, and he's been there since the original playstation.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank