By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton To Step Down As President And CEO Of Sony Computer Entertainment America

AZWification said:
gooch_destroyer said:
VitroBahllee said:
You know what this means, don't you?!

Time for a new CEO.

I wonder how people would react to Mattrick being the CEO of SCEA!

"Oh people want a media center? we've got a perfect device for you it's called a PS3" :P

Around the Network
eFKac said:
sales2099 said:

Show a little more respect for your own general.....

He was the sheppard to the sheep, the jewel in the crown of Kaz, someone who made an entire E3 crowd cheer with thunderous applause for the slightest uplifting comment.

Not to mention guys like me never got why he was so beloved by you guys. Now you cast him out like a leper. Shame on you.

Sales you need to finally understand that you don't really know the Playstation fans all that well. I have no idea who are the "we Sony fans" you are talking about, cause I always felt that our beloved ones were Kaz, Shu, and recently Cerny. No one is denying that he had a great E3 2013, cause he pretty much killed the Xbone. 

But the overall consensus was always like I said, the "I'll give you 1200$ if you'll find a PS3", "3DS is a great babysitting tool", etc. it hasn't done Sony any good in the PR department and Sony fans acknowleged that, that's why I don't think many will cry after his departure.

"I'll give you 1200$ if you'll find a PS3"

Wow that comment was waaaaay before its time. He should have saved that doozy for now with PS4 and he'd be a legend among men with you.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
shikamaru317 said:
I really did not like Jack Tretton, he's one of the main reasons why I dislike the Playstation brand. I hope they put somebody good in his place, maybe then I can buy a PS4 without feeling like I'm compromising my integrity.

Did he killed your dog or something ?

If he named his dog Sega.

tiffac said:
gooch_destroyer said:
think-man said:
Whys is he leaving I wonder?

To work with Microsoft.

Nonesense, he will work for Nintendo and be best buds with Iwata and Reggie. ;)

Never understood all the hate for Jack. Sure he said some stupid things but so did every exec. Compared to Mattrick or Penello he was one of the better ones.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
zumnupy10 said:
Any idea of Who's going to replace him ?

Shawn Layden, currently Executive Vice President and COO of Sony Network Entertainment International, will become President and CEO of SCEA, effective April 1, 2014.

April 1st????  as in april fools day

Iwata when will you follow?

sales2099 said:
eFKac said:
sales2099 said:

Show a little more respect for your own general.....

He was the sheppard to the sheep, the jewel in the crown of Kaz, someone who made an entire E3 crowd cheer with thunderous applause for the slightest uplifting comment.

Not to mention guys like me never got why he was so beloved by you guys. Now you cast him out like a leper. Shame on you.

Sales you need to finally understand that you don't really know the Playstation fans all that well. I have no idea who are the "we Sony fans" you are talking about, cause I always felt that our beloved ones were Kaz, Shu, and recently Cerny. No one is denying that he had a great E3 2013, cause he pretty much killed the Xbone. 

But the overall consensus was always like I said, the "I'll give you 1200$ if you'll find a PS3", "3DS is a great babysitting tool", etc. it hasn't done Sony any good in the PR department and Sony fans acknowleged that, that's why I don't think many will cry after his departure.

"I'll give you 1200$ if you'll find a PS3"

Wow that comment was waaaaay before its time. He should have saved that doozy for now with PS4 and he'd be a legend among men with you.

Yeah sure. If you're such an great observator, didn't you see that a lot of people were very pleased with the humble Sony of 2013, instead of the arrogant Sony of 2006? 

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

gooch_destroyer said:
zumnupy10 said:
Any idea of Who's going to replace him ?

Shawn Layden, currently Executive Vice President and COO of Sony Network Entertainment International, will become President and CEO of SCEA, effective April 1, 2014.

Thank you. 

gooch_destroyer said:
tiffac said:
gooch_destroyer said:
think-man said:
Whys is he leaving I wonder?

To work with Microsoft.

Nonesense, he will work for Nintendo and be best buds with Iwata and Reggie. ;)

Ohhh! Recruitment tweet already! xD