Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Console will be the first to hit 25million? [edit from 15m]

Domination Nation?

Wii U taking it back from... 32 9.91%

PS4 conquering more territories, taking names 276 85.45%

Xbone exploding with TITANFALL and Halo later 15 4.64%

Total:323

The PS4 will reach this number this year. I sincerely doubt the WiiU will ever reach this number and reckon it will take the XBone until the summer of 2015 to be close to 15m units SOLD, by that time the PS4 could be 10m units more?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I think the importance of exclusives honestly is a bit overrated. You need to have *variety* and developer support. People buy a console to invest in the ecosystem, not just for 1 or 2 games. 

It's why the Playstation beat the N64, even though the N64 had arguably 3 of the 4 "landmark" exclusives of the gen (Mario 64, GoldenEye, and Zelda: OoT).

People by and large want to pick and choose what they want to play, not to be told "hey play this 1 game for the next two months".

I think each one of those games could quite easily be countered with Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid. Then you can add a side of Tekken and Crash Bandicoot. Then round it off with a nice big splodge of Resident Evil and Spyro the Dragon.

I agree with your overall point though, that the odd one or two exclusives very rarely define the platform, its the library of exclusive content that pushes the platform ahead of competing products.

Libraries sell systems.

the_dengle said:
I like how all three have arguably the best exclusives.

you win the internet :P

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Vgchartz world= ps4 yes reality= who knows

I am me, and I know PS4 is taking the lead.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I'm a big Ninty fan but clearly it's the PS4. They've won the PR race and the "not screwing up" race.

Unlike other people here though, I cant say who will come in second because both Xbone and Wii U are in hot water but have sweet exclusive in the pipeline. Plus according to this site, sales of both have practically halted completely.

Titanfall will definitely help boost some sales but I dont see it as a game changer with it being on 360 and PC as well. Also, don't forget Sony has Infamous SS this month which is a popular franchise for them, but I dont really see that boosting sales dramatically until the PS4 stops selling out everywhere and supply can meet demand.

have the xbone/wii u fans lost faith in their console choice. that poll does not look good. have some faith people.

this time last year, no one knew the ps4 would destroy the launch of the ps2/wii, but it happened.

Smartest nam evila

trixiemafia86 said:
have the xbone/wii u fans lost faith in their console choice. that poll does not look good. have some faith people.

this time last year, no one knew the ps4 would destroy the launch of the ps2/wii, but it happened.

I have faith that the Wii U will do fine in the end, and I'm open to the possibiity of a big turnaround, but at this moment I cant really vote for anything other than the PS4.

that poll also shows that more people expect wii u to hit 15m before x1 O_o

Smartest nam evila