By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Console will be the first to hit 25million? [edit from 15m]

Domination Nation?

Wii U taking it back from... 32 9.91%

PS4 conquering more territories, taking names 276 85.45%

Xbone exploding with TITANFALL and Halo later 15 4.64%

Total:323

Titanfall's almost here, and MK8 is not far away. We'll know soon enough how these blockbusters change history. I think little will change overall.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Unless Sony does something incredibly stupid, Sony should make it to 15m first.

PS4 will do it first, XB1 second, Wii U ... I'm thinking like 19-20 million life time, so 15 million will come late in its life cycle.

I think there will almost certainly be an official XB1 price cut for North America by June (E3) too. 

Is this a serious thread?

At this point, WiiU might even fail to reach 15 Million lifetime. While I do believe MS will try to turn around the XOne's fate, it will probably happen later in the year and it won't put it in the level of the PS4.

Anyway, PS4 with ease.

morenoingrato said:
Is this a serious thread?

Anyway, PS4 with ease.

;) you'd be surprise some others think the other consoles have a chance. that's why we need to discuss the possibilities 

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network

Infamous and the order don't exist.... Clearly

mM
trixiemafia86 said:

;) you'd be surprise some others think the other consoles have a chance. that's why we need to discuss the possibilities 

The poll begs to differ.

I like how all three have arguably the best exclusives.

I think the importance of exclusives honestly is a bit overrated. You need to have *variety* and developer support. People buy a console to invest in the ecosystem, not just for 1 or 2 games. 

It's why the Playstation beat the N64, even though the N64 had arguably 3 of the 4 "landmark" exclusives of the gen (Mario 64, GoldenEye, and Zelda: OoT).

People by and large want to pick and choose what they want to play, not to be told "hey play this 1 game for the next two months".

The PS4 will reach this number this year. I sincerely doubt the WiiU will ever reach this number and reckon it will take the XBone until the summer of 2015 to be close to 15m units SOLD, by that time the PS4 could be 10m units more?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)