By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Purchase Xbox One in the U.S. and get Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

1. Digital Copy? Common...... I like to have the box on my shelf.

2. USA Only? Why do American Companies always forget about Canada? How hard is it to apply the same deal here?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
sales2099 said:
Fusioncode said:
Forza always gets massively bundled. The series is much less popular than people think it is.

Alone it still sold more then the average PS3 exclusive.

Source? Numbers? Please show me how you arrived at this conclusion. 

You are on the very site that can answer all your questions lol.

See the sales bumps when Forzas were bundled and you then take those numbers away from the lifetime numbers. Compare the result to PS3 exclusives that don't have the name MGS,GT, GOW, or Naughty Dog games. Basically all the exclusives that weren't AAA blockbusters. You will be surprised what the numbers show. Forza ain't no Halo or Gears, but it sells well enough on its own steam over time. Certainly a self-sustaining IP.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Michael-5 said:

2. USA Only? Why do American Companies always forget about Canada? How hard is it to apply the same deal here?

The physical copy will be in holiday bundle which will available world wide by that time it will probably have a few more tracks also.

Chris Hu said:
Michael-5 said:

The physical copy will be in holiday bundle which will available world wide by that time it will probably have a few more tracks also.

Do you really think MS is going to bundle anything physically with a console anymore? Remember how many copies of Forza 2 flooded the used game store?

Even the Titanfall bundle includes a digital copy of Titanfall.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
Chris Hu said:
Michael-5 said:

Do you really think MS is going to bundle anything physically with a console anymore? Remember how many copies of Forza 2 flooded the used game store?

I think there is about a 50/50 change of it being a physical copy since the bundle will probably contain one physical and one digital game.  Also the only reason there are so many used copies of Forza 2 out there is because that bundle was available for a long time (more then a year) the first holiday bundle for the X1 will not be available for a long time.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Michael-5 said:

I think there is about a 50/50 change of it being a physical copy since the bundle will probably contain one physical and one digital game.  Also the only reason there are so many used copies of Forza 2 out there is because that bundle was available for a long time (more then a year) the first holiday bundle for the X1 will not be available for a long time.

Maybe, but if anything it will be Forza 5 Digital + Dead Rising 3 Retail. MS won't make the more popular game Retail, and I don't see a Titanfall/Forza bundle happening (although, that would be sick).

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
Fusioncode said:
Forza always gets massively bundled. The series is much less popular than people think it is.

Average any exclusive...really. Forza would probably be in the 2.5-3.5m area lifetime without any bundles

3.5 million sounds about right for Forza 3.

Actually a Dead Ring 3 and Forza 5 bundle would be more apealing to all people since you don't have to have Gold to enjoy either one of those games. 

sales2099 said:
Fusioncode said:
sales2099 said:
Fusioncode said:

Source? Numbers? Please show me how you arrived at this conclusion. 

You are on the very site that can answer all your questions lol.

See the sales bumps when Forzas were bundled and you then take those numbers away from the lifetime numbers. Compare the result to PS3 exclusives that don't have the name MGS,GT, GOW, or Naughty Dog games. Basically all the exclusives that weren't AAA blockbusters. You will be surprised what the numbers show. Forza ain't no Halo or Gears, but it sells well enough on its own steam over time. Certainly a self-sustaining IP.

So you have no evidence? Okay. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Still not a great deal. MS needs to bite the bullet, TF F5 bundle for 500 with 6 months Gold. Shit even that looks pricey at +500. They really need to get it in to the low to mid $400s after tax.

F5 is a good game to bundle, but it wont raise sales or anything. People who were gonna buy a X1 will just grab the bundle. This is not something that will make people who were not interested in one rush out and grab a X1.