By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Purchase Xbox One in the U.S. and get Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

g911turbo said:

Well, you got a point (and actually matches what I said too). At this point, bundling KZ COULD almost be considered advertising.  I still don't see it happening.

And you're right, the TitanFall bundle IS costing MS money, that's the point.  They are not in an ideal situation, so that means you have to take moves you normally wouldn't want to.

Titanfall bundle is not costing to MS more than they make with each XOne sold.

Microsoft already has spent a buckload of money with Titanfall, from the server infrastructure to the marketing, probably more than EA has spent, it won´t be U$10 for each of the bundle that would damage MS fiscal balance.

Around the Network

This seems like a letdown after the titanfall bundle. You can already get Forza for $40.

pbroy said:
There's less value in this bundle than the Titanfall bundle. It's probably just a sleeve over the original box with a code inside the sleeve.

Wait a minute I doubt that Titanfall is multiplayer only Forza 5 has a pretty deep offline mode.  I still have only done about 70% off all the races in the career mode plus since it looks like all the DLC tracks will be fully integraded into the game like Road America was, there will be more offline contend in the future.  Plus getting most of the manufactures to max level will take a ton of time.

deskpro2k3 said:
they cant sell it so they're giving it away. just like the titanfall bundle

If they can't sell it, they should give away a physical copy.  I don't want digital, especially since 8th gen games take up so much space.  I know you can just delete and redownload but darn.  Not appealing to me.

whatever said:
This seems like a letdown after the titanfall bundle. You can already get Forza for $40.

Its still almost full retail in most locations plus you can actually spend a lot more time with Forza 5 since its both offline and online but my opion on this is pretty biased since I love Forza and racing games and I hardly ever play any FPS and never played one online.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
ethomaz said:
NPD February numbers seems to be worst than Janyary... and yeap the companies already weekly estimations.

i trust BenV,.. he doesn't say much wrt to insider info but when he does i've never seen him be wrong yet.

...BenV said a week or so back that xbone sales picked-up somewhat in febuary relative to january.   i don't think feb NPD will be worse but it will still be low relative to ps4.   i think MS is more scared of sony's numbers than their own, so-to-speak.

You didn't look very hard did you?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5892848

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Normchacho said:
I assume this is just because they feel like giving away games right? Just like how the just felt like dropping the price in the UK? I have a feeling we'll be seeing bundle after bundle after bundle as the year goes on. That seems to be the plan at MS to try and bolster sales rather than cut kinect or drop the price.

This is really nothing new a majority of 360's where bundled with a game especially around the holidays.

NYANKS said:
ethomaz said:
NPD February numbers seems to be worst than Janyary... and yeap the companies already weekly estimations.

Worse for everyone or just Microsoft?  Do you have estimations for each of the big three already?

I'm just guessing based in the deals and MS moves... when I say worst I mean that the situation will be worst than the close to 2:1 ratio showed in January... February is a better month than January for sales.

kitler53 said:
ethomaz said:

i trust BenV,.. he doesn't say much wrt to insider info but when he does i've never seen him be wrong yet.

...BenV said a week or so back that xbone sales picked-up somewhat in febuary relative to january.   i don't think feb NPD will be worse but it will still be low relative to ps4.   i think MS is more scared of sony's numbers than their own, so-to-speak.

February is a better month for sales tgan January... what I meant is that Xbone numbers will be worst than PS4 compared with January... the rati will be 2:1 or little above... when in January it was little behind.

Someone tell me.....as I do not want to read the comments and get upset.....how many troll comments are there about Forza 5 bundles

Cause we knew this was going to happen eventually, and the game all ready broke a million sold.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.