By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Purchase Xbox One in the U.S. and get Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

In no way am I saying sony needs to counter.  I'm am saying if I am sony I would.  Just to be an a-hole actually.

Around the Network

MS need to push as many Xbox One has they can. They can't afford to have a quarter report that shows no Xbox One has been shipped.

riecsou said:
MS need to push as many Xbox One has they can. They can't afford to have a quarter report that shows no Xbox One has been shipped.

When do they release their quarter reports? They shipped 3.9 million and sold 3 million by the end of Dec. I doubt they'll sell 400k X1s in March, so I think they'll still be selling the leftover Dec. stock throughout April. 

I assume this is just because they feel like giving away games right? Just like how the just felt like dropping the price in the UK? I have a feeling we'll be seeing bundle after bundle after bundle as the year goes on. That seems to be the plan at MS to try and bolster sales rather than cut kinect or drop the price.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

GotBoth said:

My only question is will Sony counter. If Microsoft continue to bundle in free digital copies to increase "value", will Sony begin to digital bundle Killzone and Knack (which I think would be smart)? At 399.99 that would still be a better value.

[SN: This is my second post, so my common disclaimer until I'm known around here is: I have X1 and PS4; And, I traded two PS3s and all the games I had for them to not have to spend much on this generation. Wish I still had my PS3s because I haven't really played in weeks.] <---- I do this because Fanboys suck.  I'm going to tell it how it is.

NO.  Sony already can't keep reliable stock on the shelves!  Demand exceeds supply, we know that much - and when that's the case you don't lower the price or increase the value!

Now, what Sony should be doing is finding a way to pump out more PS4s faster, lol.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
they cant sell it so they're giving it away. just like the titanfall bundle

LOL your kidding right the game already sold over 1 million copies.

Value bundles > Pricecuts for Microsoft.

Expect to see them throughout the entire Year. After Titanfall, Im betting its gonna be Kinect Sports Rivals.

wary-wallaroo said:
riecsou said:

When do they release their quarter reports? They shipped 3.9 million and sold 3 million by the end of Dec. I doubt they'll sell 400k X1s in March, so I think they'll still be selling the leftover Dec. stock throughout April. 

400K doesn't seem like an unrealistic number with Titanfall release.  God knows they have the stock to hit that number.

$500 WITH Titanfall and Kinect actually is a pretty good package.  Still expensive, but you get a lot.  Not everyone is a nerd and cares about gigaflops, etc.  Look, MS has made some mistakes (a handfull no doubt) but let's not pretend that the system is doomed less than 6 months after release. 

The think I'm most pissed about is where is MY free cookie?  I have a day one edition.

g911turbo said:
GotBoth said:

My only question is will Sony counter. If Microsoft continue to bundle in free digital copies to increase "value", will Sony begin to digital bundle Killzone and Knack (which I think would be smart)? At 399.99 that would still be a better value.

[SN: This is my second post, so my common disclaimer until I'm known around here is: I have X1 and PS4; And, I traded two PS3s and all the games I had for them to not have to spend much on this generation. Wish I still had my PS3s because I haven't really played in weeks.] <---- I do this because Fanboys suck.  I'm going to tell it how it is.

NO.  Sony already can't keep reliable stock on the shelves!  Demand exceeds supply, we know that much - and when that's the case you don't lower the price or increase the value!

Now, what Sony should be doing is finding a way to pump out more PS4s faster, lol.

I'm not saying sony needs to. I'm saying they should just to be a-holes about it.  Let's take an analogy: The Miami Heat won a championship in 2012 and they could have stood pat.  But, they signed Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. And won another championship in 2013 but decided to sign Micheal Beasley.  In other words, just because your winning doesnt mean you should 1up competition as much as you can.  Just to say: "Hey we will do you one better".

Nintentacle said:
deskpro2k3 said:
they cant sell it so they're giving it away. just like the Knack bundle

Fixed. Of course they can't sell Titanfall, It's not out yet.

Except for Forza 5 already sold over 1 million copies without being bundled something Knack didn't do.  Also they still will make some money on those bundled copies as long as some of the people buy some of the DLC.