By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Purchase Xbox One in the U.S. and get Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
NPD February numbers seems to be worst than Janyary... and yeap the companies already weekly estimations.

Worse for everyone or just Microsoft?  Do you have estimations for each of the big three already?

Around the Network
GotBoth said:
g911turbo said:
GotBoth said:

My only question is will Sony counter. If Microsoft continue to bundle in free digital copies to increase "value", will Sony begin to digital bundle Killzone and Knack (which I think would be smart)? At 399.99 that would still be a better value.

[SN: This is my second post, so my common disclaimer until I'm known around here is: I have X1 and PS4; And, I traded two PS3s and all the games I had for them to not have to spend much on this generation. Wish I still had my PS3s because I haven't really played in weeks.] <---- I do this because Fanboys suck.  I'm going to tell it how it is.

NO.  Sony already can't keep reliable stock on the shelves!  Demand exceeds supply, we know that much - and when that's the case you don't lower the price or increase the value!

Now, what Sony should be doing is finding a way to pump out more PS4s faster, lol.

I'm not saying sony needs to. I'm saying they should just to be a-holes about it.  Let's take an analogy: The Miami Heat won a championship in 2012 and they could have stood pat.  But, they signed Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. And won another championship in 2013 but decided to sign Micheal Beasley.  In other words, just because your winning doesnt mean you should 1up competition as much as you can.  Just to say: "Hey we will do you one better".

I get you on principle, but the analogy doesn't hold.  It would cost Sony money for nothing.  That game is NOT free to Sony, etc.  That's why I always laugh when people say bundled sales shouldn't count... it's as if they think all of a sudden the game cost 0 dollars for said studio to make.

Sony if anything, will counter with advertising.  But they are not about to give away Killzone for free.

wary-wallaroo said:
riecsou said:
MS need to push as many Xbox One has they can. They can't afford to have a quarter report that shows no Xbox One has been shipped.

When do they release their quarter reports? They shipped 3.9 million and sold 3 million by the end of Dec. I doubt they'll sell 400k X1s in March, so I think they'll still be selling the leftover Dec. stock throughout April. 

With Titanfall around the corner and those crazy offers the rest of the Xbox One on the shelves should sell for the month of March. If not then they will be in big trouble with investors already not happy with Xbox Division. Even if MS needs to give 2 games to make sure they hit a 1 million xbox one shipped for the quarter, I think they will do so.

NYANKS said:
ethomaz said:
NPD February numbers seems to be worst than Janyary... and yeap the companies already weekly estimations.

Worse for everyone or just Microsoft?  Do you have estimations for each of the big three already?

For everyone, indeed, PS4 January wasn´t that great either, PS3 and 360 had in their best years pushed more than twice those numbers... but of course, you can always claim "supply issues".

ethomaz said:

i trust BenV,.. he doesn't say much wrt to insider info but when he does i've never seen him be wrong yet.

...BenV said a week or so back that xbone sales picked-up somewhat in febuary relative to january.   i don't think feb NPD will be worse but it will still be low relative to ps4.   i think MS is more scared of sony's numbers than their own, so-to-speak.

Around the Network

There's less value in this bundle than the Titanfall bundle. It's probably just a sleeve over the original box with a code inside the sleeve.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
riecsou said:
wary-wallaroo said:
riecsou said:
MS need to push as many Xbox One has they can. They can't afford to have a quarter report that shows no Xbox One has been shipped.

When do they release their quarter reports? They shipped 3.9 million and sold 3 million by the end of Dec. I doubt they'll sell 400k X1s in March, so I think they'll still be selling the leftover Dec. stock throughout April. 

With Titanfall around the corner and those crazy offers the rest of the Xbox One on the shelves should sell for the month of March. If not then they will be in big trouble with investors already not happy with Xbox Division. Even if MS needs to give 2 games to make sure they hit a 1 million xbox one shipped for the quarter, I think they will do so.

They were not "on shelves", shipped is not "on shelves". In the financial report shipped means "sent to retailers" and include units on transit and not delivered orders.

Any way, the December shippment are already sold out to retailer. And Microsoft will probally ship another 1,5mi this quarter as they can´t just stop or slow down comissioned production.

g911turbo said:
GotBoth said:
g911turbo said:
GotBoth said:

My only question is will Sony counter. If Microsoft continue to bundle in free digital copies to increase "value", will Sony begin to digital bundle Killzone and Knack (which I think would be smart)? At 399.99 that would still be a better value.

[SN: This is my second post, so my common disclaimer until I'm known around here is: I have X1 and PS4; And, I traded two PS3s and all the games I had for them to not have to spend much on this generation. Wish I still had my PS3s because I haven't really played in weeks.] <---- I do this because Fanboys suck.  I'm going to tell it how it is.

NO.  Sony already can't keep reliable stock on the shelves!  Demand exceeds supply, we know that much - and when that's the case you don't lower the price or increase the value!

Now, what Sony should be doing is finding a way to pump out more PS4s faster, lol.

I'm not saying sony needs to. I'm saying they should just to be a-holes about it.  Let's take an analogy: The Miami Heat won a championship in 2012 and they could have stood pat.  But, they signed Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. And won another championship in 2013 but decided to sign Micheal Beasley.  In other words, just because your winning doesnt mean you should 1up competition as much as you can.  Just to say: "Hey we will do you one better".

I get you on principle, but the analogy doesn't hold.  It would cost Sony money for nothing.  That game is NOT free to Sony, etc.  That's why I always laugh when people say bundled sales shouldn't count... it's as if they think all of a sudden the game cost 0 dollars for said studio to make.

Sony if anything, will counter with advertising.  But they are not about to give away Killzone for free.

If Killzone has broke even already, and with 2.1 million sold it should have.  Sony bundling Killzone for free is much cheaper than bundling TitanFall is for microsoft.  The game hasnt sold a single unit.  If I plan to make a sequel to a game, as a studio, I would love to get it to as many people for free after I have made millions on it already so my next game will sell.  As an example, last gen I NEVER played saints row (didnt even know what it was) until saints 2 was free on PS+.  After that game I bought Saints 3 and 4 on day one (and my two brother-in-laws I coop with did the same).  Same with free Pay Day 1 then we bought Pay Day 2 on day one.  Its an extremely smart business move and brings positive attention.

MS internal trackers must have shown pretty dire numbers in Feb. I think it's safe to assume the PS4 is above it for the month. MS seems to be pulling all the (feasible) stops in order to "win" March NPD. It will look bad for them if the PS4 comes out on top in March, to be honest.

I should also say that, historically, Feb numbers > Jan numbers on NPD, so I expect XBone Feb > Xbone Jan. PS4 is tricky due to supply constraints.

GotBoth said:
g911turbo said:
GotBoth said:
g911turbo said:
GotBoth said:

If Killzone has broke even already, and with 2.1 million sold it should have.  Sony bundling Killzone for free is much cheaper than bundling TitanFall is for microsoft.  The game hasnt sold a single unit.  If I plan to make a sequel to a game, as a studio, I would love to get it to as many people for free after I have made millions on it already so my next game will sell.  As an example, last gen I NEVER played saints row (didnt even know what it was) until saints 2 was free on PS+.  After that game I bought Saints 3 and 4 on day one (and my two brother-in-laws I coop with did the same).  Same with free Pay Day 1 then we bought Pay Day 2 on day one.  Its an extremely smart business move and brings positive attention.

Well, you got a point (and actually matches what I said too). At this point, bundling KZ COULD almost be considered advertising.  I still don't see it happening.

And you're right, the TitanFall bundle IS costing MS money, that's the point.  They are not in an ideal situation, so that means you have to take moves you normally wouldn't want to.