By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Purchase Xbox One in the U.S. and get Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

It appears that for some users here Microsoft should do nothing, they should just seat stoicly for months or years, without any price cut or bundle.

Yes, yes, companies giving games for free is such a desesperated strategy, we all know companies must do nothing to incentivate their sales and their business.

PS: XOne is still overpriced for the general public.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
g911turbo said:

Well, you got a point (and actually matches what I said too). At this point, bundling KZ COULD almost be considered advertising.  I still don't see it happening.

And you're right, the TitanFall bundle IS costing MS money, that's the point.  They are not in an ideal situation, so that means you have to take moves you normally wouldn't want to.

Titanfall bundle is not costing to MS more than they make with each XOne sold.

Microsoft already has spent a buckload of money with Titanfall, from the server infrastructure to the marketing, probably more than EA has spent, it won´t be U$10 for each of the bundle that would damage MS fiscal balance.

I still have not seeing a trustworthy source that proves MS is making money on each XBone sold. Could you please provide me with one?

I still think it is a better strategy to include digital copies of games instead of lowering the price. What they should do, is to include codes for people to download ANY game they want :).

ethomaz said:
kitler53 said:
ethomaz said:
NPD February numbers seems to be worst than Janyary... and yeap the companies already weekly estimations.

i trust BenV,.. he doesn't say much wrt to insider info but when he does i've never seen him be wrong yet.

...BenV said a week or so back that xbone sales picked-up somewhat in febuary relative to january.   i don't think feb NPD will be worse but it will still be low relative to ps4.   i think MS is more scared of sony's numbers than their own, so-to-speak.

February is a better month for sales tgan January... what I meant is that Xbone numbers will be worst than PS4 compared with January... the rati will be 2:1 or little above... when in January it was little behind.

we'll see.  at least by my ps4 stock seems as bad if not worse than january.  it was fine in early feb but you could really tell that shipments got shifted to japan in late feb.  i imagine ps4's feb NPD will be roughly equal to ps4's jan NPD.

Last gen we saw few real pricedrops and a lot of meh bundles. I hope this isn't the case this gen. I wanna buy a PS4 for cheap down the line, not for near launch price with a game or two that I already decided was not worth investing in the console for.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
It appears that for some users here Microsoft should do nothing, they should just seat stoicly for months or years, without any price cut or bundle.

Yes, yes, companies giving games for free is such a desesperated strategy, we all know companies must do nothing to incentivate their sales and their business.

PS: XOne is still overpriced for the general public.

Oh, I'm going to buy One this month!  I just don't care for this bundle.  If it were the retail game, I'd be all over it.

pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
g911turbo said:

Well, you got a point (and actually matches what I said too). At this point, bundling KZ COULD almost be considered advertising.  I still don't see it happening.

And you're right, the TitanFall bundle IS costing MS money, that's the point.  They are not in an ideal situation, so that means you have to take moves you normally wouldn't want to.

Titanfall bundle is not costing to MS more than they make with each XOne sold.

Microsoft already has spent a buckload of money with Titanfall, from the server infrastructure to the marketing, probably more than EA has spent, it won´t be U$10 for each of the bundle that would damage MS fiscal balance.

You forgot that MS paid for it to be exclusive to MS platforms. That must've cost them a lot, or else EA would be regretting their decision right now looking at the sales of PS4.

Also, you have no idea if MS actually make money with the One. 

Well the publicity alone is generating so much awareness that it will most definately make a profit and Titanfall 2 will be a even bigger hit when it comes to PS4. Its win win as of now, except for PS4. But they will get Titanfall 2 in like 2016. So no reall biggie.

We don't know if the X1 is profitable in itself, but based on the holiday quarterly results, it looks like the 360 (on 2008 prices no less) is padding any losses and keeping the Xbox brand in the black. Even whatever its selling now (and any Live revenue with MP and marketplace sales still coming in) will help X1 along until its more self sustainable.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
Chris Hu said:
Nintentacle said:
deskpro2k3 said:
they cant sell it so they're giving it away. just like the Knack bundle

Fixed. Of course they can't sell Titanfall, It's not out yet.

Except for Forza 5 already sold over 1 million copies without being bundled something Knack didn't do.  Also they still will make some money on those bundled copies as long as some of the people buy some of the DLC.

Uhm, it was bundled in Europe for pre-orders (a choice of either fifa or forza)

Very limited bundle it still sold close to a million copies by itself plus the game has pretty good legs and it will also sell pretty good in regions it hasn't been released yet especially if they add some more free tracks like the recent Road America.

They will make money on those bundled copies of Titanfall since a lot of people will buy the season pass.  FPS sell more DLC then any other genre of games.

That is less then 10% of the total sales of the game which I would call pretty limited.  Of course the game will be bundled a lot in the near future its a prime canditate for this years holiday bundle and will probably be one of the first retail games that will be free for a limited time on Games with Gold but they still will make some good money off those copies since by then they will have more DLC buy then and a good chunck of the people that got it for free will buy some of the DLC.