By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - gamrConnect Pokemon League: Would Anyone Want to Play?

Tagged games:

kupomogli said:

I'd be interested in being a part time steel type master.

Awesome. Let me know through here or elsewhere if you'd like to go for it. We'd love to have you as a Master.

Around the Network

Cool, I'll be either fire or physic (preferably fire!) then!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Giving this a bump to see if there's any more interest in folks wanting to become a Type Master. I've updated the OP with a more clear and concise set of needs if you want to participate!

That sounds cool? I would be a challenger, although I probably suck. How many times you can try to beat the type masters? Do I have to use the same team for all type masters? I did not do anything special with my pokemon, probably I also have chosen bad attacks, as I really don't know which would be great to have. But maybe my defeats will help me to learn more.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
That sounds cool? I would be a challenger, although I probably suck. How many times you can try to beat the type masters? Do I have to use the same team for all type masters? I did not do anything special with my pokemon, probably I also have chosen bad attacks, as I really don't know which would be great to have. But maybe my defeats will help me to learn more.

Think of it like taking on the Elite Four: you have to use the same team of 6 to take on each Type Master.

Matches will be 3v3 (you can choose 3 of your six Pokemon, so this means you can switch around your team of 3 to best attack each Type Master) and if you win 2/3 matches you get the badge from that Master.

If you lose, you can always challenge them again and again until you're victorious (and you keep the badge you earn so you don't have to do everything over again). However, if you do change your 6 Pokemon team, you must restart everything over again. Make sure your team of six is the team you want!

Once we get the set Type Masters, I'll create an official thread with the specified rules. So look forward to that and thanks for the interest. :D

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Mnementh said:

Think of it like taking on the Elite Four: you have to use the same team of 6 to take on each Type Master.

Matches will be 3v3 (you can choose 3 of your six Pokemon, so this means you can switch around your team of 3 to best attack each Type Master) and if you win 2/3 matches you get the badge from that Master.

If you lose, you can always challenge them again and again until you're victorious (and you keep the badge you earn so you don't have to do everything over again). However, if you do change your 6 Pokemon team, you must restart everything over again. Make sure your team of six is the team you want!

Once we get the set Type Masters, I'll create an official thread with the specified rules. So look forward to that and thanks for the interest. :D

Thanks for the infos. I might give it a try. Didn't fight the elite four yet, so far only have 7 badges, beat Team Flare and got Yveltal. Yveltal  rocks, even without a Mega-evolution. Well, as I have no idea how to create perfect Pokemons, I probably will lose against the masters, but I should give it a try, that could be fun.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Did this idea die or will it happen?

Mnementh said:

I've been in talks with other people who were interested in it, and as far as I know they're working on their teams. So the idea's not dead. ^_^

However, I'm not sure whether I should be happy or sad that NeoGAF has pretty much taken the idea. >_>

Smeags said:
Mnementh said:

I've been in talks with other people who were interested in it, and as far as I know they're working on their teams. So the idea's not dead. ^_^

However, I'm not sure whether I should be happy or sad that NeoGAF has pretty much taken the idea. >_>

Great. Post something if it is ready, so I can try (and lose) against the masters. I probably should google around a bit to learn the basics of creating a competitive team.

And about NeoGAF - don't be sad. It's the PSASBR of Pokemon league threads.

Well water is gone so I have no intentions of joining... I'm just gonna wreck all of you starting with water :D

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD