By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FF 15 and KH3 makes more sense on Wii U than Xone

Well, they had to choose between two doomed consoles....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts makes more sense on Wii U than Xbone, that's for sure. Final Fantasy I'm not so sure. It'd probably sell decently, possibly better than Xbone, but while FF would outsell KH on PS4, I think KH would outsell FF on Wii U.

Lets get somethings clear here:
FFvXIII was originally a ps3 exclusive, SE rebranded it as FFXV to get it on the PS4 and XB1(Which they expected to have a larger market share + dev costs of their engines was tanking them, which is also why they made 3 ffxIII)
FFXV would definitely be a downport, thus we have the problem of porting costs vs expected sales. Not to mention the game would face heavier competition on the Wii U from Bayo2 and X.

In Regards to Kingdom Hearts III, the numbered Kingdom Hearts have never been on Nintendo platforms, and SE is making multiplatform again because of money.
However, since the 3DS game is the closest in terms of story to 3, one could argue that it has a nintendo fanbase, but thats a strectch cause not every 3ds owner has a wii u and numbered kh never go to handhelds.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Just get a ps4 or xbox one cause obviously you won't be playing anything with wii u

That's very rude to say and also a very limited line of thought. why shouldn't I demand the multiplats I want on the console I'll own?

because port begging is unbecoming. fact is you knew well in advance the games were not coming to WIi U. Nothing you can do could really change that. YOu can either get one of the systems or miss out. Its that easy. Just like Bayo 2

stop putting words on my mouth. and bayo 2 is an EXCLUSIVE.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Lets get somethings clear here:
FFvXIII was originally a ps3 exclusive, SE rebranded it as FFXV to get it on the PS4 and XB1(Which they expected to have a larger market share + dev costs of their engines was tanking them, which is also why they made 3 ffxIII)
FFXV would definitely be a downport, thus we have the problem of porting costs vs expected sales. Not to mention the game would face heavier competition on the Wii U from Bayo2 and X.

In Regards to Kingdom Hearts III, the numbered Kingdom Hearts have never been on Nintendo platforms, and SE is making multiplatform again because of money.
However, since the 3DS game is the closest in terms of story to 3, one could argue that it has a nintendo fanbase, but thats a strectch cause not every 3ds owner has a wii u and numbered kh never go to handhelds.

In the same "logic", KH was never on xbox and will be 10 years since it was on a sony home console. 4 KH are on nintendo platforms and sold very well there, period.

the games would run very well on wii u and would profit a lot.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
the OP still thinks the WIi U could run PS4 xone games no problem? Laughable. the little we've seen from FF15 blows away anything that we've seen from WIi U thus far. Now could they scale down? yeah probably. It wont be the same game as the true versions. Will SE spend the time, resources extra manpower to make a different version? NOPE kill that dream

the little non cgi footage we got from FF 15 is on par or a little better than X.

YOU should forget that dream that "It wont be the same game as the true versions."

Hynad said:

But... X?

X has big scale!

Ok, it's mostly huge montainous terrain with barely anything going on on it. But still!!! SCALE!!!

Seriously though, just that part where Noctis fights with Leviathan moving and wrecking havoc in the backgroud is more than enough to realise this game can't be made the same on the Wii U.

Those gifs show absolutely nothing that wouldn't run on wii u. X is already a great example, why don't you check the gigantic robot from the second trailer?

Zero999 said:
Hynad said:

But... X?

X has big scale!

Ok, it's mostly huge montainous terrain with barely anything going on on it. But still!!! SCALE!!!

Seriously though, just that part where Noctis fights with Leviathan moving and wrecking havoc in the backgroud is more than enough to realise this game can't be made the same on the Wii U.

Those gifs show absolutely nothing that wouldn't run on wii u. X is already a great example, why don't you check the gigantic robot from the second trailer?

Oh man... You really don't have a clue. xD

Please, explain to me how this could run on the Wii U.

oniyide said:

thats all well and good, but what does scale mean, when there is nothing going on? Thats what some of these guys dont want to get. Sure they could dumb down the game, but more than likely these guys wont buy it because it is an "inferior" version anyway. so what would be the point?

bolded: you're talking about FF 15 right? the amount of action is arguably the same between X and FF 15 but X has much bigger scale so...

Actually, both games do not make sense on both platforms. They won´t sell well due to their small install base.

But, I see a point. Those are games that japanese audiences have a lot of interest. And in Japan the WiiU install base is way bigger than the XboxOne, that is, if the One is really released there anyday. At least in Japan, those games would sell better on WiiU.

Not sure if they would sell well on the western XboxOne. Maybe the do, maybe they don´t. Still, considering the success of Kingdom Hears Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS, and the DS KH games, there´s definetely an audience for KH among Nintendo fans.