By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FF 15 and KH3 makes more sense on Wii U than Xone

Zero999 said:
Hynad said:

But the Wii U is such a difficult console to take advantage of. How on earth is S-E going to be able to make a game that runs at a decent frame rate, when third parties struggle to make games run better on it than on the PS3 and XBox 360?

They'd have to put a lot of effort into it to learn this extremely complicated hardware first and then make a port that runs smoothly enough to appease a non-existing crowd.

bold: just stop. go check early 360 ps2 ports and come back.

it's really amazing that people still use the old excuse of unoptimized last gen ports even after the exclusives show a big inprovement.

No. But you and your brethrens said it yourselves: Developers need to put more efforts to make decently performing games on the Wii U. Now, it's not only porting the game that would be an issue. It'd be to downport it. Redo a lot of the assets and visual effects, dumb down most of the technical aspects of the game to make it run at a decent framerate at an acceptable resolution. And to achieve what? Being snubbed by a fanbase that is all about Nintendo content and not much else. That game wouldn't fare much better than any other third party titles released so far. It would cost way too much for abysmal sale results.

Early 360 PS2 ports performed and looked better on the 360. King Kong comes to mind. ^_-

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

No, the game is announced on PS4 and X1 and not on Wii U and a late reveal of the Wii U version makes no sense and there is not a single SE game announced for the Wii U. NOBODY should expect KH3 on Wii U that would be completely irrational.

why doesn't a "late reveal" makes no sense? especially when this late reveal would still be a lot sooner than release date either game.

the only irrational thing is for square not to release those games on wii u.

The better question would be, why the hell would SE not reveal the game with the other versions? There is no logical reason for that other than the Wii U version wasn't planned at that point, but if it wasn't planned then, what would make SE change their mind, especially since the Wii U doesn't even seem to be on their radar right now?

And sorry, but not releasing a third party multiplatform game on the Wii U can in 95% of the cases not be called irrational, that's why the new Batman game won't come to Wii U either.

Zero999 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Just get a ps4 or xbox one cause obviously you won't be playing anything with wii u

That's very rude to say and also a very limited line of thought. why shouldn't I demand the multiplats I want on the console I'll own?

because port begging is unbecoming. fact is you knew well in advance the games were not coming to WIi U. Nothing you can do could really change that. YOu can either get one of the systems or miss out. Its that easy. Just like Bayo 2

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Turkish said:
The 2 reasons why its not coming to wiiu:
1. install base
2. power of the consoles, while the ps4 is much stronger than the xbone, there seems to be an equal gap, if not more between the xbone and the wiiu. If those games were made with wiiu in mind, they would look worse. "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link"

Power didn't stop certain 3rd parties from porting some games on Wii did it?

and how well did those games turn out? from mediocore ot downright crappy. Now I doubt people want to play crappy ports of games, considering how much they complain about them.

It'd be great if they came over and I actually think they'd sell decently well but sadly it won't and it's silly to think they will, when was the last real FF title we got for a nintendo home console I can't even remember, KH I'm pretty sure we never got one lol, and from a business standpoint they won't want to take a chance since there's no guarantee they would sell well (I can only guess I've got no evidence)

also gotta love everyone who acts like they're game devs and know how the porting process works or all the Wii U specs lol

seriously 90% of this topic is bullshit why am I even responding lol

Around the Network

the OP still thinks the WIi U could run PS4 xone games no problem? Laughable. the little we've seen from FF15 blows away anything that we've seen from WIi U thus far. Now could they scale down? yeah probably. It wont be the same game as the true versions. Will SE spend the time, resources extra manpower to make a different version? NOPE kill that dream

oniyide said:
the OP still thinks the WIi U could run PS4 xone games no problem? Laughable. the little we've seen from FF15 blows away anything that we've seen from WIi U thus far. Now could they scale down? yeah probably. It wont be the same game as the true versions. Will SE spend the time, resources extra manpower to make a different version? NOPE kill that dream

But... X?

X has big scale!

Ok, it's mostly huge montainous terrain with barely anything going on on it. But still!!! SCALE!!!

Seriously though, just that part where Noctis fights with Leviathan moving and wrecking havoc in the backgroud is more than enough to realise this game can't be made the same on the Wii U.

The games that make more sense to be released on wiiu are the games more likely to not be released on it, sadly.

Lets wait the crystal chronicles spin-off. So far, this series has been great. KH fans can expect another title for 3DS, but thats about it imo.

Ray of hope: looking at what Nomura said here:
http://kotaku.com/japanese-developers-on-the-ps4s-strengths-and-weakness-1507197536
its almost as he said he would prefer a less powerfull machine, where he would put less thing and fans would be happy about it and not claim: "meh, it could be better, ps4 can do much better". This is my take on this of course, but i believe that at least him is not rolling eyes at wiiu.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Hynad said:
oniyide said:

But... X?

X has big scale!

Ok, it's mostly huge montainous terrain with barely anything going on on it. But still!!! SCALE!!!

Seriously though, just that part where Noctis fights with Leviathan moving and wrecking avoc in the backgroud is more than enough to realise this game can't be made the same on the Wii U.

thats all well and good, but what does scale mean, when there is nothing going on? Thats what some of these guys dont want to get. Sure they could dumb down the game, but more than likely these guys wont buy it because it is an "inferior" version anyway. so what would be the point?

FF15 is impossible on wii u. Kh3 could work, but we saw just a trailer and Nomura said that's not even close the level they want for the game. Besides, you can say the franchise has games on nintendo systems, yeah, but the problem is they are all handhelds, and Square knows that wii u is selling like crap, so why they should bother with a different structure and raising the costs?