By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FF 15 and KH3 makes more sense on Wii U than Xone

I see your point and I agree that it should be on the Wii U. It would do decently in Japan which should be plenty to cover porting costs, before even factoring in Western sales.

I don't know if it would outsell the XBO version though. it would essentially be a competition between Japan (Wii U) and the West (XBO) to see who can sell more. Also it would depend on the quality of the port...

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Hynad said:

It doesn't make sense to make those games for Wii U when the games would need to be greatly dumped down, technically, to work on that console. The porting process from one console to an other is much more straight forward from PS4 to XBO and vice versa, than it is from PS4 to Wii U.

I get your point about the audience. But the Wii U doesn't have a particularly deversified audience to begin with. It's struggling to sell even compared to the XBO. So nope. I think when it comes to how much work S-E have to put on the XBO version of the port compared to what they'd have to do for the Wii U will turn more profit for them.

Less work to port + similar user base

is better than:

More work to port + similar user base

those games wouldn't need any major downgrade to run on wii u and would make tons of money = total sense for them to be on wii u.

Man... The things you assume and try to make as facts. You have no idea what those games will end up being like. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about here. Yet you assume they wouldn't need any major downgrade... Sorry, but your credibility is low enough that I don't think arguing this further with you will achieve anything.

Kingdom Hearts III would probably do well enough on the WiiU considering its ties with the DS / 3DS games and Disney.

These announcements were made at E3 though, Square Enix wouldn't have been able to predict how this gen would turn out so far.

BMaker11 said:

It only doesn't make sense to put KH on the XBone instead of the WiiU because the Xbox hasn't touched an ounce of KH. At least Nintendo got Chain of Memories, 358/2, and 3D. So Nintendo fans have some familiarity with the series. Xbox doesn't. It'd be different if they released 1.5 and 2.5 on 360 to catch them up, like they released MGS collections on the 360, to make way for MGSV on 360 and XBone. But Xbox fans are gonna be completely out of the loop when it comes to the pentultimate  final, climactic KH game in the series. It'd be like releasing the new Fable on the PS4 with no prior Fables on Playstation in any form, ever. You could argue about how many people either jump ship across generations or own multiple consoles, but they are a minority. And I know if I popped in Fable 3 right now, I'd have absolutely no idea what was going on.

FF is a different game every time (ignoring FFX and FFXIII, because they have direct sequels), so it can go wherever, although I can also see why it'd be smarter to put it on WiiU given FFXIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns sales on 360. But the WiiU isn't doing too hot with 3rd party software themselves, so one could ague about if exclusivity would make sense for KH and FFXV. But, as has been pointed out, this was a decision made well in advance. Although you can't rule out them canning the Xbone version, since they have canned RPGs before, most recently, the PS3 version of The Last Remnant; but KH and FF are so ridiculously larger than TLR that that's not a really valid comparison. But still, 0.19M from Lightning Returns. The crappier XIII-2 on PS3 outselling the flagship XIII on 360 by a half million.....I wouldn't be surprised if SE didn't make some moves before these games come out considering the precedent with the 360 and how poorly the XBone is doing right now

edit: I need a dictionary

nintendo also got KH re coded and I agree that it's stupid for 1.5 to skip the 360 (and wii u too). after all, if they're gonna bother making KH3 on Xone, why not the collections? But this isn't about cancelling the xone versions, I'm simply saying it makes more sense for them to be on wii u. Japan alone would already make up for any difference a xone version may get in the west.

Didn't Sony had a contract with Square-Enix? Maybe the Kingdom Hearts HD collections are part of it.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

if they port to wiiU they can port to ps3 and xbox360 and probably the port would be shitty

edited cause i dont want 300 reports and get banned : by shitty port i say like thief on ps3 /360 , the game looks horrible. And you guys have X that will be amazing.

but i agree, kingdom hearths makes no sense in xbone, maibe they will make a wii U port on that one

bold: give up on this idea, please.

FFXV and KH3 don't make sense outside PS4

Lyrikalstylez said:
Just get a ps4 or xbox one cause obviously you won't be playing anything with wii u

?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Turkish said:
The 2 reasons why its not coming to wiiu:
1. install base
2. power of the consoles, while the ps4 is much stronger than the xbone, there seems to be an equal gap, if not more between the xbone and the wiiu. If those games were made with wiiu in mind, they would look worse. "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link"

Power didn't stop certain 3rd parties from porting some games on Wii did it?

and more importantly, the FAR BIGGER difference from ps360 to PC didn't stop ps360 from running on medium what pcs ran on ultra.

People really need to move on from this delusion that wii u is barely stronger than ps360. and hell, square is using an engine that is scalable from smartphones to high end pcs (hint: wii u is closer to a high end pc than it is to a phone and also closer to xone than it is to ps360).

Hynad said:

Man... The things you assume and try to make as facts. You have no idea what those games will end up being like. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about here. Yet you assume they wouldn't need any major downgrade... Sorry, but your credibility is low enough that I don't think arguing this further with you will achieve anything.

and what's your amazing argument that proves it would take herculean effort to port those to wii u? we've seen how things are on this industry. engines are scalable and wii u can run decently whatever it is on ps4/xone, period.