By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FF 15 and KH3 makes more sense on Wii U than Xone

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

if they port to wiiU they can port to ps3 and xbox360 and probably the port would be shitty

edited cause i dont want 300 reports and get banned : by shitty port i say like thief on ps3 /360 , the game looks horrible. And you guys have X that will be amazing.

but i agree, kingdom hearths makes no sense in xbone, maibe they will make a wii U port on that one

Kingdom Hearts made no sense on Nintendo platforms before they released Chains of Memories... The scattering of the series on multiple consoles has never made any sense. But that's S-E for ya.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

It doesn't make sense to make those games for Wii U when the games would need to be greatly dumped down, technically, to work on that console. The porting process from one console to an other is much more straight forward from PS4 to XBO and vice versa, than it is from PS4 to Wii U.

I get your point about the audience. But the Wii U doesn't have a particularly deversified audience to begin with. It's struggling to sell even compared to the XBO. So nope. I think when it comes to how much work S-E have to put on the XBO version of the port compared to what they'd have to do for the Wii U will turn more profit for them.

Less work to port + similar user base

is better than:

More work to port + similar user base

those games wouldn't need any major downgrade to run on wii u and would make tons of money = total sense for them to be on wii u.

If you actually want FFXV aren't you just going to get a PS4 and buy it on that? For that reason I feel the XBox One version will still outsell a Wii U version. Also we've had no evidence that JRPGs even sell on the Wii U seeing as its never recieved one and all of the wii's rpgs flopped. 

Also you have to consider the cost of porting it to the Wii U versus the Xbox One. I assume it will be much more expensive due to optimising assets and adapting the different architecture.

With FFXV going in a more action direction, it would probably have more appeal to XBO users then previous entries had.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Just get a ps4 or xbox one cause obviously you won't be playing anything with wii u

That's very rude to say and also a very limited line of thought. why shouldn't I demand the multiplats I want on the console I'll own?

If XOne sales don't pick up i honestly wouldn't be surprised if games as far away as this stop being made for it. Especially games from JP devs.

Around the Network

The 2 reasons why its not coming to wiiu:
1. install base
2. power of the consoles, while the ps4 is much stronger than the xbone, there seems to be an equal gap, if not more between the xbone and the wiiu. If those games were made with wiiu in mind, they would look worse. "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link"

NobleTeam360 said:
Or you know maybe just maybe it could be on all 3 systems instead of one or the other (In terms of Xbox One or Wii U) But then again the scale of Final Fantasy XV probably wouldn't be possible on Wii U. Kingdom Hearts 3? we don't know enough about it yet so who knows.

Disclaimer: None of the opinions expressed above should be taken as me thinking of them as fact. Duh.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be on Xone but since it is, it makes no sense to skip wii u. and those games are more than possible on wii u.

DerNebel said:
Regarding the preorder thing, that seems like a really bad way to assess the potential success of a game like FFXV, which has no release date and is not even really expected to land this year. Look at Smash, that game is known to launch in 2014 and has only 5.7k preorders.

Thing is this, right now there is nothing pointing to SE having any interest in developing for the Wii U, so I seriously wouldn't expect KH or FFXV on the console.

bayonetta 2 has more preorders than FF15 on ps4. Sure, it will release first, but it's a smaller franchise and their first real trailers were shown at the same time last E3(they had the same time to build preorders). smash bros may not even be open for pre orders in most places.

and anyone SHOULD expect KH3 on wii u thanks to disney and over half KH games being on nintendo. FF 15 is trickier because it depends more on how stupid square is.

Turkish said:
The 2 reasons why its not coming to wiiu:
1. install base
2. power of the consoles, while the ps4 is much stronger than the xbone, there seems to be an equal gap, if not more between the xbone and the wiiu. If those games were made with wiiu in mind, they would look worse. "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link"

Power didn't stop certain 3rd parties from porting some games on Wii did it?

Blood_Tears said:

By the time either of these games release, both PS4 and X1 install bases will be at least 3 times the amount of Wii U. Looking at the market trends, getting a port of these games would prove difficult. 3rd party companies pay attention to market trends and what is happening with support. Ubisoft support is a rocky boat these days with Watch Dogs Wii U not releasing along side PS4 and X1 versions. WB's cancels DLC support for Batman AO. With the writing on the wall, SE is not going to look at the market, look at other 3rd parties dropping support and say "Okay, let's put our top 2 most anticipated games on a sinking ship"

Edit:  Along with my above points, Rocksteady's new Batman game was just announced as PS4,X1 and PC only. 3rd parties will be looking at this trend.

bolded: what?