By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FF 15 and KH3 makes more sense on Wii U than Xone

M$ has moneyhat monies. Xbone will have whatever M$ is willing to pay for.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Regarding the preorder thing, that seems like a really bad way to assess the potential success of a game like FFXV, which has no release date and is not even really expected to land this year. Look at Smash, that game is known to launch in 2014 and has only 5.7k preorders.

Thing is this, right now there is nothing pointing to SE having any interest in developing for the Wii U, so I seriously wouldn't expect KH or FFXV on the console.

By the time either of these games release, both PS4 and X1 install bases will be at least 3 times the amount of Wii U. Looking at the market trends, getting a port of these games would prove difficult. 3rd party companies pay attention to market trends and what is happening with support. Ubisoft support is a rocky boat these days with Watch Dogs Wii U not releasing along side PS4 and X1 versions. WB's cancels DLC support for Batman AO. With the writing on the wall, SE is not going to look at the market, look at other 3rd parties dropping support and say "Okay, let's put our top 2 most anticipated games on a sinking ship"

Edit:  Along with my above points, Rocksteady's new Batman game was just announced as PS4,X1 and PC only. 3rd parties will be looking at this trend.

Or you know maybe just maybe it could be on all 3 systems instead of one or the other (In terms of Xbox One or Wii U) But then again the scale of Final Fantasy XV probably wouldn't be possible on Wii U. Kingdom Hearts 3? we don't know enough about it yet so who knows.

Disclaimer: None of the opinions expressed above should be taken as me thinking of them as fact. Duh.

Meh, they will suck anyway.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

If Nintendo agreed to pay the porting costs.

That would make a lot of sense for both companies, because Nintendo still has a decent cash reserve and needs games to diversify into that audience, while Square Enix has the games coming up and could use the additional market.

Unfortunately that's not in Nintendo's M.O. so it's very unlikely. Of course, neither was Bayonetta 2, so anything's possible, really.

Makes more sense on Xbox where third party games actually sell. The only Final Fantasy that really had a chance on the 360 was Final Fantasy 13 and it sold the same as the highest selling DS Final Fantasy. 2.05m according to VGChartz. FF11 was released on PS2 and PC and is online only with a monthly fee ontop of a yearly XBL fee. FF13-2 and Lightning Returns had no chance because of FF13.

Nintendo and Sony is where the Final Fantasy fanbases are at, but on Nintendo consoles, only the fans will buy the games and rarely will someone who mostly purchases the same select few games will branch out and try something new.

It only doesn't make sense to put KH on the XBone instead of the WiiU because the Xbox hasn't touched an ounce of KH. At least Nintendo got Chain of Memories, 358/2, and 3D. So Nintendo fans have some familiarity with the series. Xbox doesn't. It'd be different if they released 1.5 and 2.5 on 360 to catch them up, like they released MGS collections on the 360, to make way for MGSV on 360 and XBone. But Xbox fans are gonna be completely out of the loop when it comes to the pentultimate  final, climactic KH game in the series. It'd be like releasing the new Fable on the PS4 with no prior Fables on Playstation in any form, ever. You could argue about how many people either jump ship across generations or own multiple consoles, but they are a minority. And I know if I popped in Fable 3 right now, I'd have absolutely no idea what was going on.

FF is a different game every time (ignoring FFX and FFXIII, because they have direct sequels), so it can go wherever, although I can also see why it'd be smarter to put it on WiiU given FFXIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns sales on 360. But the WiiU isn't doing too hot with 3rd party software themselves, so one could ague about if exclusivity would make sense for KH and FFXV. But, as has been pointed out, this was a decision made well in advance. Although you can't rule out them canning the Xbone version, since they have canned RPGs before, most recently, the PS3 version of The Last Remnant; but KH and FF are so ridiculously larger than TLR that that's not a really valid comparison. But still, 0.19M from Lightning Returns. The crappier XIII-2 on PS3 outselling the flagship XIII on 360 by a half million.....I wouldn't be surprised if SE didn't make some moves before these games come out considering the precedent with the 360 and how poorly the XBone is doing right now

edit: I need a dictionary

i cant even make a list with 10 JRPG titles that were available for the wii so i dont get where the "bigger acceptance regarding this genre" comes from. Maybe you are talking about 3ds audience

Also FFXV seems like a beast so wild for the wii-u to handle

BMaker11 said:
But Xbox fans are gonna be completely out of the loop when it comes to the pentultimate KH game in the series.

Penultimate means the next to the last one.

/pedant