By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone ShadowFall Multiplayer runs at only 960 x 1080 resolution

Quit whining and buy gaming PC if you want 60fps and beyond to be the norm on 1080p or higher.

Next you'll want 200mph to be the norm in $10,000 cars.

Around the Network

I would disagree, I think we will see many games 1080p 60fps going forward especially after these first tier of games are out of the way

online portions may be cut back, but overall the target would be 1080p 60fps

regarding KZ you can see there is a drop in multiplayer but it's still crystal clear and ultra detailed the texture work they have done is the best I've ever seen, I guess the only way they could have made it smoother online frame rate wise is drop the detail level, but I like it how it is

mabey their next game they can make improvements

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Thought Resolution and Frames shouldn't be the main focus on games. Titanfall is a perfect example that power means nothing when it comes to good games. TF looks amazing and even if its not 1080p or 60fps its a stunner however because of such beauty (like Ryse) the company focus solely on making the game look good and forgetting about the gameplay. Halo was never the best looking game on the market however its gameplay was one of the best on Consoles, that's why it sells. Just remember the Gameboy destroyed the Game Gear and it did so without Colour. Games are played for fun and always have been. The new kids on the block are trying to turn gaming into some kind of movie experience which as a gamer I don't like. Its why I stay away from NG games.

Raven722 said:
ironmanDX said:
Raven722 said:
ironmanDX said:

Lucky my brother finished my PC then!

Oooo what are your specs??

Hang on, I'll give him a text. I'm sure it's nothing special as it was made from scraps essentially. He says it's more powerful than both consoles though, quite handily. Paid nothing for it.

Tht was hilarious

Awful.

GG should have just stuck to native 1080p/30fps like they origionally intended. I remember looking at the early screenshots of KZ:ShadowFall's multiplayer, and being mighty impressed with the visuals. But they pushed for 60fps and this is the end result :s

Around the Network

who cares, we are in freaking March, the game was released in November. Now, we see this.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
starcraft said:
Sigh. Neither of the console's have particularly powerful GPU's even at the generational outset this time around.

I understand the fiscal necessity of that decision, I really do. Still, its a bit disappointing.

When we're consoles ever comparable to high-end pc specs? Regardless, 1080p 60 fps locked should become more common when devs realizes the bounds with which they have to work with consoles. This whole doom thing about consoles being under powered is over dramatic.

If you have unrealistic expectations about what consoles can do, prepare to be dissapointed and just throw money at the problem.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

When we're consoles ever comparable to high-end pc specs? Regardless, 1080p 60 fps locked should become more common when devs realizes the bounds with which they have to work with consoles. This whole doom thing about consoles being under powered is over dramatic.

If you have unrealistic expectations about what consoles can do, prepare to be dissapointed and just throw money at the problem.

I'm still sure most console devs will shoot for 30fps with more detail over 60fps with less.

curl-6 said:

This is pretty hilarious after all the posturing about how only 1080p was acceptable and anything less was a "massive" difference.

The funny part about it is, there is a thread about how, basically, if you say you dont notice the difference between 1080 vs 720, that basically meant you were an x1 fanboy..... but the same people couldnt tell that kz was running an odd ball res of 960 x 1080... i love it, where are those guys now!