By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone ShadowFall Multiplayer runs at only 960 x 1080 resolution

That is pretty shitty honestly... I get why but it is pretty shitty... Not even the first party on the most powerful console can push 1080p on multiplayer... Damn that budget PC hardware

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
I'll also add thats a lower resolution than Titanfall on Xbox One so hopefully that ends those complaints being thrown at the game.

Agreed.

It won't until news spreads and sub par 1080 is all of a sudden "ok" again. Much like the "development choices" for The Order, which even though it isn't full HD, looks fucking amazing.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
That is pretty shitty honestly... I get why but it is pretty shitty... Not even the first party on the most powerful console can push 1080p on multiplayer... Damn that budget PC hardware

Sadly, this is what we have to look forward to for this generation. These platforms won't be comparable to high-end PC gaming at any point in time unlike the last one. Like the comments in the article said, this is a generation about cost saving, multimedia applications, and serving a wider company vision. We may never again see a console that performs at the level of a PC at any point in its life.

ironmanDX said:
BenVTrigger said:
I'll also add thats a lower resolution than Titanfall on Xbox One so hopefully that ends those complaints being thrown at the game.

Agreed.

It won't until news spreads and sub par 1080 is all of a sudden "ok" again. Much like the "development choices" for The Order, which even though it isn't full HD, looks fucking amazing.

To be fair, and you know this is true, the Xbox fanbase in general was insistent that 1080p and 60fps was going to be common on X1 and even for a time gloated when it appeared the X1 had more games running at a higher resolution. We know this isn't the case now and "suddenly" it became acceptable. I mean that in a matter of fact way. Not a fanboy dick measuring contest way.

Ooh a 30fps cap for single player. I will use that when I pick up the game in the future.

Around the Network
Raven722 said:
ironmanDX said:
BenVTrigger said:

Agreed.

To be fair, and you know this is true, the Xbox fanbase in general was insistent that 1080p and 60fps was going to be common on X1 and even for a time gloated when it appeared the X1 had more games running at a higher resolution. We know this isn't the case now and "suddenly" it became acceptable. I mean that in a matter of fact way. Not a fanboy dick measuring contest way.

It will be common.... We're 3 months in ffs.... For both consoles.

Wagram said:
Ooh a 30fps cap for single player. I will use that when I pick up the game in the future.

trust me, you wont.

neither 60fps on single player nor is it 1080p in mp, what a joke.

Mmmfishtacos said:
BenVTrigger said:

When did they confirm the resolution for titanfall? Last i heard it was just over 720? 

the Beta ran at 1408 x 792 which is 1,115,136 pixels.

KZ multiplayer is 960 x 1080 which is 1,036,800.

So even if Titanfall doesn't go higher than its Beta it already has a higher resolution. The rumor is the final build is higher than the Beta. Regardless in terms of resolution it outperforms Killzone.

This isn't meant to be an attack on Killzone but I'm simply saying hopefully it puts an end to some of the drive by comments I've seen in regard to Titanfall.

This is pretty hilarious after all the posturing about how only 1080p was acceptable and anything less was a "massive" difference.