By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Ending Wi-Fi Connection Worldwide on May 20th

Squeezol said:
IsawYoshi said:
Squeezol said:
Gah, this'll be bad for Mario Kart Wii online.. Especially the modded online communities etc.

Mario Kart8 though. Most will probably move on, see no reason not too.

Well, I don't think MK8 will be as hackable as MK Wii, so there's your reason.

Well if we're talking strictly aboit online play, then Brawl players only have every reason to upgrade. :L

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
Suddenly the Wii mini looks 33% less shitty

I never thought it was shitty, because the end of the Wi-Fi connection is pretty expected.

EDIT: A question, when will they end support for the Wii shop channel and the DSi shop channel?

NintendoSupporter said:
Doesn't affect me at all, never owned a Wii or DS.

What kind of Nintendo supporter are you then!?

EDIT: Blagh, the less than sign in your name and me quoting you screwed up the thread!

Einsam_Delphin said:
NintendoSupporter said:
Doesn't affect me at all, never owned a Wii or DS.

What kind of Nintendo supporter are you then!?

I played the Wii and DS before, actually a lot but never owned one. 

3DS is what made me start loving Nintendo. Great games. Then I bought the WiiU and blah blah blah. lol

Squeezol said:
JazzB1987 said:
Suddenly the Wii mini looks 33% less shitty

A question, when will they end support for the Wii shop channel and the DSi shop channel?

No, they will remain active.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

meh, shit happens. so long as netflix is still working i'm good.

bubblegamer said:
So sad that some manufacturers offer so little support once their new console has been released.

How long does a company need to keep an archaic online functionality for machines that are 9.5 (DS) and 7.5 (Wii) years old?  The 3ds has been out since March 2011 and the Wii U since Nov 2012. It's now 2014.  I'd say that's pretty decent legacy support.  The only two games I can foresee being of any concern are MKWii and Brawl, but MK8 hits in May with Smash a little after. So what's the big deal, really?

I'm sure it will "gently" push people towards picking up a Wii U and or MK8.  Tough time hitting 4m units my ass.

if anyone feels like joining some last few matches then come on over http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=179151

No more Dragon Quest IX online? That damn game was built around multiplayer. First GT5, now this.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Nintendo are the devil, how could they do this to their dying consoles?!

Anywho, this was evident. People who still want to play Mario Kart either already had Mario Kart 7 or are planning on getting it or Mario Kart 8. It's the never ending evolution in online these days.