By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Ending Wi-Fi Connection Worldwide on May 20th

bubblegamer said:
So sad that some manufacturers offer so little support once their new console has been released.

Further proof that people don't read the OP

OT: kinda sad, but not a big deal overall. The only game I kept playing online was Monster Hunter Tri, and that ended when Ultimate came out. Although tbh, I think only Mario Kart Wii and MK DS will be affected, what other Wii and DS games have a big online fanbase? Smash is the only one that comes to mind, but the online sucks on that one so not many people will miss it.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

More people own the wii at this point, they should close the wii u wifi instead.... :-/

Oh maaaan, how people easily become nostalgic.. Now everybody suddenly remembers that they still sometimes, once in a while, if there´s time play this or that game.

Buy a WiiU, move on and stop living in the past!!! XD

I JUST started playing Project M online :(

10 days before mk8 gets released? Maybe that was a good move so people would finally upgrade to a wii u.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

but i thought nintendo cares about its customers :(

Wait that's Wii's online network? wow that was fast.......

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Wait that's Wii's online network? wow that was fast.......

You consider 7 years of service fast? What the hell do you lot consider slow?!

Comparision done from this user: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102456392&postcount=302

OG Xbox
November 2002 → April 2010 (7 years & 5 months)

DS Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
November 2005 → May 2014 (8 years & 6 months)

Wii Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
December 2006 → May 2014 (7 years & 5 months)

Might be off a bit, but it's still damn impressive they lasted this long. It seems like only yesterday you people wanted to castrate Nintendo for using Friend Codes on the DS and Wii. But I guess it's like when Micheal Jackson died; once lost, most of the cynacism vanishes.

Goldeneye was the only thing i played, thank goodness for HD version

This is why direct connection should be built in. Just for this reason. I can still play Jedi Knight games on PC.