By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Ending Wi-Fi Connection Worldwide on May 20th

about time. I'm surprised they didn't do this earlier seeing as it is a free service

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

This is worse than Sony dropping support for a few games. This is two entire libraries of games having online removed. There's no 3DS version for some of these games either so I can't just go buy the 3DS version of Advance Wars and play it online because one doesn't exist.

What's with all these apologetic Nintendo fans btw?

kupomogli said:
What's with all these apologetic Nintendo fans btw?

what else can they do? realistically?

Uuuum :( It's not good. I don't use this feature on my Wii ;/

Video games and consoles collector from Poland.

Around the Network

How are we being apologetic when this is kinda the norm?

Altrunio already pointed out Xbox shutting down its services after 8 years.  Over 7 years for this, and the PS2 was 9 years.

They've supported the DS online for over 3 years after the release of a new product, and the Wii for a 1 1/2 years.

In reality the only thing that might effect me is online battle / trading on my Soul Silver / White / Black 2.

But I have Y now so, meh.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I'm fine with this, as it'll have 0 affect on me!

Hopefully this'll mean the online in MK8, SSB4, etc. will be much better than their previous iteration. Definitely better be in Smash Bros.'s case!

Things don't have to be his way, Starcraft was released in 1998 and you can still play it online on Blizzards servers even though Starcraft 2 was released years ago. I understand that Nintendo wants to cut costs and push people towards the WiiU/3DS, but it's still an anti consumer move.

Tower said:
Things don't have to be his way, Starcraft was released in 1998 and you can still play it online on Blizzards servers even though Starcraft 2 was released years ago. I understand that Nintendo wants to cut costs and push people towards the WiiU/3DS, but it's still an anti consumer move.

Your talking about supporting 1 game on PC.

This is supporting all game servers on 2 seperate platforms.

Big difference.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Gah, this'll be bad for Mario Kart Wii online.. Especially the modded online communities etc.