By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Ending Wi-Fi Connection Worldwide on May 20th

I don't use my old Wii for online multiplayer, but it's sad for the MKWii, Brawl or CoD players.
They should have kept the servers of the most popular online games alive.

At least we can hope for more stable MK8 servers due to the small Wii U install base.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

I still want to play it, but Mario Kart 7   A) Sucks and B) Doesn't let two people play, which I how I always play MKW online.  Not buying a WiiU for MK8.  Most people won't.

Mario Kart 7 sucks? In what world?

And of course people will buy the Wii U for Mario Kart 8. Mario Kart games have been proven to be a draw for Nintendo consoles, there's no two ways about that.

KylieDog said:
NintendoPie said:

Anywho, this was evident. People who still want to play Mario Kart either already had Mario Kart 7 or are planning on getting it or Mario Kart 8. It's the never ending evolution in online these days.

I still want to play it, but Mario Kart 7   A) Sucks and B) Doesn't let two people play, which I how I always play MKW online.  Not buying a WiiU for MK8.  Most people won't.

Sucks for you?

KylieDog said:

No bikes, crappy flight sections, the online stability is utter garbage compared to MKW.

So do you think games prior to MKWii are crap because they have no bikes? The flight sections are also a very weak supporting argument as not every track has them, and if they do it's a short time that you are actually in the air. 

I can agree that the online stability isn't nearly as good as MKWii, but it's not garbage. The online has more options and is actually easier to use in some ways compared to MKWii. It's not all bad.

NintendoPie said:
KylieDog said:

No bikes, crappy flight sections, the online stability is utter garbage compared to MKW.

So do you think games prior to MKWii are crap because they have no bikes? The flight sections are also a very weak supporting argument as not every track has them, and if they do it's a short time that you are actually in the air. 

I can agree that the online stability isn't nearly as good as MKWii, but it's not garbage. The online has more options and is actually easier to use in some ways compared to MKWii. It's not all bad.

He thinks the new Donkey Kong Country games are crap because they don't have King K. Rool.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

So long, The Last Story and Smash Bros online battles

Nintendo really knows how to go out with a bang. :D

I just played Goldeneye online for 3 hours straight, it still rocks.
Looks like I will forever be a level 40....

This is what sucks about console gaming online, if this was PC it would never go down, someone else would just take over once the publishers had done there part

sales2099 said:
Wait that's Wii's online network? wow that was fast.......

I agree, 360 will probably see at least 10 years or more before you hear about them closing the networks.