By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, PS4 didn't move consoles in its Japan launch

322,000 units in 2 days

Digital sales 94 100.00%

Total:94

308k during holidays with big exclusive system seller = not that great.

322k, sold out almost everywhere on february with 0 exclusive game appealing to japanese = great.

Or is it too difficult for you to understand these simple facts? PS4 has a much better futur than Wii U obviously, it will be the main home console in Japan to play multiplatform games and will get all the exclusives.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Erm... the thing is sold out last we heard. How can it be any better than that?

You and your doom threads... sigh...

outlawauron said:
Carl2291 said:
I dont get this thread.

Are you mocking people who are saying the PS4 will outsell Wii in Japan, or the people who are saying it will outsell PS2 in Japan?

Who said it will outsell PS2 in Japan? I think most people are just hoping it matches or slightly exceed the PS3 in Japan...

Some people did have unrealistic expectation for the launch. Given I do want to see second week to two months, to see exactly what to see for the future.

osed125 said:
Train wreck said:
Im guessing that Japan = World now

If Sony fans think UK = the world, then I see no problems here.

So you're saying that's bad and you're doing it because others, the baddies, are doing so it's ok for you to do so!

Acevil said:
outlawauron said:
Carl2291 said:
I dont get this thread.

Are you mocking people who are saying the PS4 will outsell Wii in Japan, or the people who are saying it will outsell PS2 in Japan?

Who said it will outsell PS2 in Japan? I think most people are just hoping it matches or slightly exceed the PS3 in Japan...

Some people did have unrealistic expectation for the launch. Given I do want to see second week to two months, to see exactly what to see for the future.

Yes, but it still did sell out of the majority of its stock. Had they had more, it would have sold more. Still want to know how thinks the PS4 will outdo the PS2 in Japan.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Somini said:
osed125 said:
Train wreck said:

So you're saying that's bad and you're doing it because others, the baddies, are doing so it's ok for you to do so!

Yes, that's exactly what I said. My ultimate secret has been revealed. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
Train wreck said:

Actually,US+Canada+Europe+Japan+China+Australia+New Zealand + The Republic of Congo + Mexico + Luxemborg + Brazil + All the other countries = World

So, DKC didn't move PS4s

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Pavolink said:

Japanese launch of the succesful PlayStation4 console has been shadowed by the Wii U and Vita numbers. Yes. After two days the PS4 managed to sell 322,000 units according to the tracker Famitsu.

But, aren't those numbers good? No, it isn't good. Expectations of the console has been raised to the point of being the savior of the homeconsole market in a mobile country where even the 3DS is starting to fad away. Those 322,000 units for a hyped launch are too similar to its brother, PSVita (321,000) and its counterpart from Nintendo, the Wii U (306,000).

There's no need to point how bad are the performace of both consoles when even games like Super Mario 3D World and Soul Sacrifice cannot stop both devices from an inminent crash.

It's even worse when you take in count the succesful mainstream Wii and the PS2. Both of them, which will be outsold by the PS4 according to experts and dreams, managed to get more sales. Wii with 371,000 units and PS2 with a smashing 990,000 figure. But, why should it need to outsell the Wii? It is if  you expect it to outsell the PS2, and even more considering it has been celebrated to death how this new console is surpassing worlwide week after week the succesful Nintendo conosle, Wii.

There's only one more thing to say. Way an uphill to reach the PS2 numbers.

What are you going on about? Except for trying to stir s..t there is nothing new or alarming in what you have stated. Since the release of the PS2 no home console has done great numbers in Japan. That is a fact! Before you spout the Wii do go and check the cheap price of the Wii compared to the PS4? If PS4 was at Wii price level it would have shifted double of the Wii launch figures. PS4 will do just fine in Japan it's the Wii U you should worry about.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
osed125 said:
Train wreck said:

Actually,US+Canada+Europe+Japan+China+Australia+New Zealand + The Republic of Congo + Mexico + Luxemborg + Brazil + All the other countries = World

So, DKC didn't move PS4s

You didn't get the reference. Back when the PS4 launched in the UK, Knack outsold Mario 3D World, there was a big fight over that. Of course 3D World still outsold Knack globally by a big margin, but for some people, only the UK mattered. 

That's where the UK = the world began.

Nintendo and PC gamer

outlawauron said:
Acevil said:
outlawauron said:
Carl2291 said:
I dont get this thread.

Yes, but it still did sell out of the majority of its stock. Had they had more, it would have sold more. Still want to know how thinks the PS4 will outdo the PS2 in Japan.

Well I think anyone who expected to do above 600k at launch, which was bunch of people. Given I shouldn't automatically assume these people think it will out do PS2 in the long run, but I do assume that these people imagine it mirroring the PS2 launch.