By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, PS4 didn't move consoles in its Japan launch

322,000 units in 2 days

Digital sales 94 100.00%

Total:94

So, 60k for second week. Not so good. Things are getting bad compared to Vita and even Wii U. Looks like homeconsole market is shrinking and playing their ps3.

As said, way an uphill to reach the ps2.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
So, 60k for second week. Not so good. Things are getting bad compared to Vita and even Wii U. Looks like homeconsole market is shrinking and playing their ps3.

I like to compare things from 2014 and 2000 too. I have a long way to go to match myself from my freshman year in high school ya know, how often I masturbate, shaving once a week, using a tape adapter in my care to play CD's from my discman, its an uphill climb, but since my benchmark and standards dont change in 14 years it seems applicable and totally relavent! 

No games for the market. When the entire launch lineup is 99% Western focused, they were never gonna do significant numbers.

Pavolink said:

PS2?   Who cares if it sells like PS2. As long as it outsells Wii U overall in Japan to take first in home console market share. That way it will have great 3rd party support and more localized games for the west.

Blood_Tears said:
Pavolink said:

PS2?   Who cares if it sells like PS2. As long as it outsells Wii U overall in Japan to take first in home console market share. That way it will have great 3rd party support and more localized games for the west.

Outselling the Wii U is nothing to brag. Everything can outsell it. And no, it doesn't guarantee great support, better than Wii U? Yes. But good, no. Not even the 3DS is getting good support.

Companies are shiftting to mobile and looking at this numbers it encourages more their decision.

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
Pavolink said:

I like to compare things from 2014 and 2000 too. I have a long way to go to match myself from my freshman year in high school ya know, how often I masturbate, shaving once a week, using a tape adapter in my care to play CD's from my discman, its an uphill climb, but since my benchmark and standards dont change in 14 years it seems applicable and totally relavent! 

Good for you.

Geo said:
PS4 is doing just fine in Japan.

quoted for truth

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Pavolink said:

Japanese launch of the succesful PlayStation4 console has been shadowed by the Wii U and Vita numbers. Yes. After two days the PS4 managed to sell 322,000 units according to the tracker Famitsu.

But, aren't those numbers good? No, it isn't good. Expectations of the console has been raised to the point of being the savior of the homeconsole market in a mobile country where even the 3DS is starting to fad away. Those 322,000 units for a hyped launch are too similar to its brother, PSVita (321,000) and its counterpart from Nintendo, the Wii U (306,000).

There's no need to point how bad are the performace of both consoles when even games like Super Mario 3D World and Soul Sacrifice cannot stop both devices from an inminent crash.

It's even worse when you take in count the succesful mainstream Wii and the PS2. Both of them, which will be outsold by the PS4 according to experts and dreams, managed to get more sales. Wii with 371,000 units and PS2 with a smashing 990,000 figure. But, why should it need to outsell the Wii? It is if  you expect it to outsell the PS2, and even more considering it has been celebrated to death how this new console is surpassing worlwide week after week the succesful Nintendo conosle, Wii.

There's only one more thing to say. Way an uphill to reach the PS2 numbers.

When you talk about the PS4 surpassing the Wii or PS2 numbers, is this for the worldwide total or just un Japan... because I think in Japan for some reason I don't know home consoles are dead (I don't follow/focus on Japan for gaming nearly as much as I did in the past) at least for now, if anyone still expect the PS4 to do great over there either they are deluded or they know something I don't, I would love to know it, I would like something concrete, not some blabbling about 2 or 3 Japanese games that will somehow turn the tide.