By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, PS4 didn't move consoles in its Japan launch

322,000 units in 2 days

Digital sales 94 100.00%

Total:94

Japanese launch of the succesful PlayStation4 console has been shadowed by the Wii U and Vita numbers. Yes. After two days the PS4 managed to sell 322,000 units according to the tracker Famitsu.

But, aren't those numbers good? No, it isn't good. Expectations of the console has been raised to the point of being the savior of the homeconsole market in a mobile country where even the 3DS is starting to fad away. Those 322,000 units for a hyped launch are too similar to its brother, PSVita (321,000) and its counterpart from Nintendo, the Wii U (306,000).

There's no need to point how bad are the performace of both consoles when even games like Super Mario 3D World and Soul Sacrifice cannot stop both devices from an inminent crash.

It's even worse when you take in count the succesful mainstream Wii and the PS2. Both of them, which will be outsold by the PS4 according to experts and dreams, managed to get more sales. Wii with 371,000 units and PS2 with a smashing 990,000 figure. But, why should it need to outsell the Wii? It is if  you expect it to outsell the PS2, and even more considering it has been celebrated to death how this new console is surpassing worlwide week after week the succesful Nintendo conosle, Wii.

There's only one more thing to say. Way an uphill to reach the PS2 numbers.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

would never reach ps2 numbers! but get these figures and compare for me the ps3 launch to the ps4 launch and the wii launch to the wiiu launch then answer me as to how the ps4 numbers aren't good!

wolfofthepack said:
would never reach ps2 numbers! but get these figures and compare for me the ps3 launch to the ps4 launch and the wii launch to the wiiu launch then answer me as to how the ps4 numbers aren't good!

Comparing that, it will mean Nintendo will maintain almost a 82% of the Wii audience with the new Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

With only 350k being shipped in Japan, did you somehow expect it to sell more than that?

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2014/02/25/sony-sells-322083-ps4s-in-today-days-in-japan/

Note: Media Create insiders also confirmed that Sony shipped 350,000 PS4 units at launch in Japan, so the company sold almost all that it could manufacture, pointing towards a stronger Japanese market than many had expected.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

I dont get this thread.

Are you mocking people who are saying the PS4 will outsell Wii in Japan, or the people who are saying it will outsell PS2 in Japan?

Around the Network

I see what you´re doing..

Title is misleading and should be changed to include Japan in title name. If not changed it would be inaccurate as the launch of PS4 just overtook the lead in market share this week from Wii U in just over 3 months since launch.

I think nobody expected a launch over PS2. I'm ok with this numbers, are way better than PS3.

1. Sony shipped 350.000 for launch. 322.083 of those were sold after 48 hours, the rest quickly after.

2. Sony's second shipment is drying up, FAST.

3. Sony got a third shipment coming in later this week.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post.

Patty2720 said:

1. Sony shipped 350.000 for launch. 322.083 of those were sold after 48 hours, the rest quickly after.

2. Sony's second shipment is drying up, FAST.

3. Sony got a third shipment coming in later this week.

4. You'll be banned.

spoiler alert.