By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, PS4 didn't move consoles in its Japan launch

322,000 units in 2 days

Digital sales 94 100.00%

Total:94

Not spectacular, but it confirms a declining console market in Japan. The PS4 can buck the trend somewhat, but it's not going to do PS2 numbers. Anyone who thought it would was fooling themselves. That said, it's going to win the generation even if Japan is not its strongest market.

Around the Network

I don´t understand why Sony fans are so pissed off about that.

322 k for two days it´s ok. It´s not as stellar as some die-hard fans were expecting and not as bad as some people feared.

400k+ predictions were unrealistic, we all know that.

I think most of the fans imported it from Eu/Usa.

Take my love, take my land..

So, PS4 didn't move consoles in Japan launch.

It moved 320K+ in two days. (Shipment 350K, probably all gone by now or soon).

I am struggling to find any sort of intelligence in this thread.

Rogerioandrade said:
I don´t understand why Sony fans are so pissed off about that.

322 k for two days it´s ok. It´s not as stellar as some die-hard fans were expecting and not as bad as some people feared.

400k+ predictions were unrealistic, we all know that.

I don't think any one is mad about it to be honest.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
osed125 said:
brendude13 said:
osed125 said:

You didn't get the reference. Back when the PS4 launched in the UK, Knack outsold Mario 3D World, there was a big fight over that. Of course 3D World still outsold Knack globally by a big margin, but for some people, only the UK mattered. 

That's where the UK = the world began.

That's because it was Knack and Mario 3D World. If the Ouya was outselling the PS4 in the UK I'm sure you'll never hear the end of that either.

Stop overreacting.

Read my last post. I never took the Knack vs 3D World debate seriously.

Your constant reference to it suggests otherwise.

Somini said:
osed125 said:
brendude13 said:

That's because it was Knack and Mario 3D World. If the Ouya was outselling the PS4 in the UK I'm sure you'll never hear the end of that either.

Stop overreacting.

Read my last post. I never took the Knack vs 3D World debate seriously.

Your constant reference to it suggests otherwise.

I took it seriously as a joke if that's what you are getting at. Those threads were a gold mine for future trolling.

Nintendo and PC gamer

The openning sales are good, clearly in line with sonys projection. Openning sales are never interesting though, its the weeks and months that follow. Thats what really set the ps4 apart from the XO in the west.

Personally, I expected them to sell more.

I am sure they could have shipped more, but pre-order numbers would have given them a rough estimate of what they thought they would sell. With shortages elsewhere in the world, it wouldn't have been worthwhile for them to overdo Japan.

Ps4 did ok worse then optimist said and better then what doomers said i believe ps4 will outsell wii but not ps2.
I expect 13m-15m ps4 will be sold in 10 years.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m