By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Sony Taking Advantage of Canada Because of Their Lead?

I went to my Best Buy yesterday and noticed that infamous (Sony's big spring exclusive) is $10 more than Titanfall (Microsoft's big spring time exclusive).

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/infamous-second-son-limited-edition-playstation-4/10255414.aspx?path=1c58b5275c47500fb44d17fd71c5f19een02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ea-titanfall-xbox-one-014633366969/10255636.aspx?path=5de185167f40fd2addeff467daa9cb87en02

Is this right?  Why is Sony charging $10 more for their exclusive than MS is for their exclusive?  Could it be because Sony knows fanboys will gladly pay anything to play Sony games and that there is so much ill will to MS that they know they can get away with it?

Around the Network

Okay I can fill in this one.... what is happening is that the Canadian Dollar is now not on par with the United States dollar. Some companies have added 5 Dollars. Sony has added 10 dollars. Some time next year, all games should be $10 higher, like the start of generation of the last generation.

The Price of Infamous Second Son in Canada should be be 66.41 CAD compared to the 59.99 USD. However 69.99 is what the rounded up price is, and 64.99 is the rounded down price.

All companies will do this in the long run, unless some companies decide to establish Canadian Specific price strategy. 

Looks like I'm going digital :/

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Further add: This is up to the retailers as of right now, for example here:

http://www.shop.ca/c/pre-order-sony-ps4-infamous-second-son-limited-edition-release-date-march-21-2014-711719039655-23735374

Where I buy it, I get it for 54.99.

I remember back when Canadian dollar was even above the USD, some retailers still had the 69.99 for months.

HMV for example still had those prices for awhile, and I bought Infinite Undiscovery for that price.... my worst purchase in my life. Not only was it 10 dollar cheaper at other places, but it was the worst game I ever placed.

Sony would be really smart to allow Canadian user to purchase games online for the CAD=USD Price, and on top of that maybe even Sony Style Stores.

Around the Network

I expected torture or slavery, and I get 5 dollars more than others based on exchange rates, and not even for every retailer...so dissapointed...

At least you managed to insult some Sony fans, that accounts for something.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Sony is punishing you canadians for Justin Bieber... you guys deserve it

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

I thought the americans had to keep Justin? what happened to the bet?

NiKKoM said:

Akiran said:
NiKKoM said:

F***, >.> ignore the second one