By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Knack Sells 322k Units in Japan (2days) Outsells Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

the_dengle said:

I'd prefer you named names rather than simply lumping us all together.

It's said often enough by multiple Nintendo fans.  You should expect to be lumped together just as any otherr fan of a console is lumped together as thinking one way or another because the majority do. 

Around the Network

The funny thing is, the knack bundle doesn't count now, but Wii sports is another story XD

kupomogli said:
tbone51 said:

all because of Pokemon -_-

Not just Pokemon but that's the most recent one.  You're  actually the one who said high sales mean it's a good game rather than taking into consideration that people buy Nintendo products because they're well known.

twisted my words and i didn't even say that (somebody else did). All i said was people aren't forced to buy a game, if 11mil+ people liked it, it must not be all that bad. Your opinion is fine but thats just it, an opinion. The next pokemon game will sell 5mil+ again, no matter wat!

"Knack" ... Destroying Nintendo, one franchise at a time.

tbone51 said:

twisted my words and i didn't even say that (somebody else did). All i said was people aren't forced to buy a game, if 11mil+ people liked it, it must not be all that bad. Your opinion is fine but thats just it, an opinion. The next pokemon game will sell 5mil+ again, no matter wat!

And the next Mario game on Wii U will sell atleast half of what the WIi U has for sales.  It's a well known product that's guaranteed to sell.  Most children that own a console own a handheld.  Most children watch cartoons, one of whihch is the on going Pokemon series.  Parents buy their children what their children find popular.

Or there are a lot of people who buy Nintendo products almost exclusively because it's safe.  The whole reason why the Wii U is barely getting any third party support. 

Around the Network

Weird how it is bundled off the bat. Usually you wait like 6 months to let the game sell on its own. But hey, good on Sony.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Thank God for the PS4 bundle, because  otherwise Knack would have sold 0 copies in Japan. I've done a lot of research to come to this conclusion!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

leyendax69 said:

The funny thing is, the knack bundle doesn't count now, but Wii sports is another story XD

People bought Wii because of WiiSports

People got Knack for free with their PS4s

see the difference?

Only a few months after launch, Japan gets a free game. What an insulting, disrespectful slap in the face this must be to early adopters in the US and other territories.

God, where is that Knack dancing gif when you need it.

Well deserved, i suppose. The game was mediocre at best but i did find some enjoyment out of it. Although by chapter 11, i wanted it to be done. The last chapter when you get humongous is pretty damn fun however.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian