By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Knack Sells 322k Units in Japan (2days) Outsells Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

kupomogli said:
the_dengle said:

I'd prefer you named names rather than simply lumping us all together.

It's said often enough by multiple Nintendo fans.  You should expect to be lumped together just as any otherr fan of a console is lumped together as thinking one way or another because the majority do. 

But do the majority of Nintendo fans think that sales are directly tied to quality such that more sales always indicates a superior game, or did one or two people who happen to be Nintendo fans say something along those lines and you decided they must represent the majority?

Because as I mentioned, I saw one or two obvious Sony fans in the X thread saying Xenoblade absolutely must have been bad because it sold poorly compared to, say, Final Fantasy. Shall I treat their opinion as that of the majority?

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
iceland said:
This game had to be bundled in or it would've sold like crap, Japanese people have standards!

which is why Japan is the furthest into the transition to mobile games, right?

Well yeah, how many JRPG's does the  WiiU or PS4 have compared to mobile that is flooded with them?

the_dengle said:

But do the majority of Nintendo fans think that sales are directly tied to quality such that more sales always indicates a superior game, or did one or two people who happen to be Nintendo fans say something along those lines and you decided they must represent the majority?

Because as I mentioned, I saw one or two obvious Sony fans in the X thread saying Xenoblade absolutely must have been bad because it sold poorly compared to, say, Final Fantasy. Shall I treat their opinion as that of the majority?

You may have seen me saying X must be bad because it sold poorly compared to other RPGs to mock Nintendo fans.  And it's been a lot more than two Nintendo fans who made the statement.  I'll start PMing you every time I see someone post a comment like that if you want.  Though I don't think I'll see it much anymore since Nintendo is in last place for the WIi U.

J_Allard said:
Only a few months after launch, Japan gets a free game. What an insulting, disrespectful slap in the face this must be to early adopters in the US and other territories.

Not really, UK has already a KZ bundle and early adopters in the US already saved 100 dollars by choosing PS4. With that they can buy a new game or the PS4 camera and at least 6 months PS Plus to boot.

Blood_Tears said:
J_Allard said:
Only a few months after launch, Japan gets a free game. What an insulting, disrespectful slap in the face this must be to early adopters in the US and other territories.

Not really, UK has already a KZ bundle and early adopters in the US already saved 100 dollars by choosing PS4. With that they can buy a new game or the PS4 camera and at least 6 months PS Plus to boot.

The Killzone Bundle costs more than a PS4 solus. (£399 instead of £349).

That said, I did get a "Players Edition" system on launch for £449 which included Killzone (£50) a second Dual Shock 4 (£55) and the Camera (£50) s that was kind of discounted.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

We in the U.S. didn't get any bundles :(.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Anfebious said:
I bet Knack is on track to outselling 3D World now right? But isn't it bundled? I thought bundled games didn't count towards "legit sales"

It depends. If you are a ninty fan and there's a list of the games which have sold the most copies ever, bundles don't make a difference. Apparently, you buy the console because of the game. When talking about a sony game like Knack, it's obviously a different case. Same with Sony fans.

Pint being, you can't have it both ways, i.e. calling out Sony fans but not saying a word when ninty fans do it. 

kupomogli said:

Knack sold more in two days than Super Mario 3D World sold in four weeks. Knack must be the better game.

*edit*

Knack is so good it's got a 100% attach rate in Japan.

I wonder, how many of those Knack games are going to be sold or exchanged? lol

bundled with every ps4? lol this must be the only way to give this game away

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

the_dengle said:
kupomogli said:
the_dengle said:

I'd prefer you named names rather than simply lumping us all together.

It's said often enough by multiple Nintendo fans.  You should expect to be lumped together just as any otherr fan of a console is lumped together as thinking one way or another because the majority do. 

Look up any sales = quality threads and read all the "the numbers don't lie" comments. Or the bragging when nitny first party games (both on wii and 3ds/nds) were doing well and sony first party games weren't. A huge number of Ninty fans were arguing it's because of quality.  It's not two fans. It's many. I don't post much, but I've seen this argument here more times than I can remember.