By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dispelling the myth: Vita haz no gaemz (24+ beg to differ) [challenging the boundaries of what counts as a "game"!]

dane007 said:
@Mike Rox. You are forgetting 3ds has Riddddddddddddddge Racer! lol, Need for speed. http://www.nintendo.com/games/gameGuide
http://www.nintendo.com/games/gameGuide heres a list. There are but i can't remember all especialyl from DS as DS had lots of games.

The point is,, you gusy talk about the reason for why ps4 is selling and alot say because is more powerful ofr a cheaper price. Same goes for current gen comapre to Vita. Vita is seemed as portable home console there peopel compare the two. For most people,, portability is not enough. Why pay more a less powerful machine when you get more for less? Home consoles has better value for money and has a bigger library. Thats why 3ds is popular. Its underpowered compare to vbita but it has alot of games variety,, games that only come to 3ds plus is super cheap. In nz i can get a 2ds plus pokemon for 200nz plus. Where ps vita plus a game can easily be up to 500nzd . See the difference. thats not even including teh price of a memory card.

Oh I didn't forget. Ridge Racer 3D is an awesome title that everyone should buy! (I also have a 3DS though I sold a lot of my games for it post Vita)

As for Need for Speed, the 3DS port of Need for Speed: The Run is entirely why I'm baffled that people received Need for Speed: Most Wanted on Vita so negatively. One is a near identical version of the home console release, the other is so ludicrously cut  back and limited that it's a joke to want to charge full price for it.

In the UK, the Vita is actually cheaper than a standard 3DS, let alone 3DS XL, and that's including up to 10 games and a decent sized (16gb) memory card.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Wright said:
MikeRox said:

So why was the GB worth bothering with?

But a better verson was available on the Gameboy Color in the form of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and so that game doesn't exist :P Also, there were 3 home console versions (much like Killzone and Uncharted had) so a handheld ver is irrelevent.

in seriousness though, touche bitch, I LOVE that game!

MikeRox said:
Wright said:
MikeRox said:

So why was the GB worth bothering with?

But a better verson was available on the Gameboy Color in the form of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and so that game doesn't exist :P

in seriousness though, touche bitch, I LOVE that game!

Reverse-engineering this situation, I'd bother with a Vita because of Tearaway! :P

Yeah, your exceptions are proving my argument :D

Zelda 1, 2 Link to the Past already out...

Killzone 1, 2 and 3 already out...

Uncharted 1 and 2 and 3 already out...

So why are the Vita versions of these irrelevant? :D :P

I've just realised that every single main line Final Fantasy up to X-2 will be available on PS Vita by the end of next month!

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
I had a gameboy.

Tetris was the biggest game on it, but I already had that on ZX Spectrum, (it was also released on NES) so Tetris wasn't a Gameboy game.

Super Mario Land? Why would you want that when there were 3 (or 2 and a cash in) main Mario games on the NES?

So why was the GB worth bothering with? Most the games I had on it were inferior versions of games already on home consoles... yet another reason why the argument makes me laugh.

Pokemon. That only game made it for a lot of people (and maybe kirby too)

MikeRox said:
BlowoverKing said:
Come on guys let's be real. Vita's library only has about 5 games total. Multiplats, ports, indies, and collections don't count as games anymore. Only new IPs and Nintendo IPs count as games.

I'm so glad you said that...

5 games total...

Thank you for helping teach me to count. As just in the games I own, they're the games not available on another format outside Japan (for Everybody's Golf and Ragnarok Odysey). That clearly totals 5 I guess. And for the record, there are quite a few Vita exclusive titles I don't own. Again, this is about dispelling the myth. Thank you for your contribution.

How many are those are exclusive to Vita though? AC, Dead or Alive, Epic Mickey, and a couple of others can be played on the PS360; Persona 4 can be played on the PS2.

That's the big problem with the Vita. Most of its best games are also available on other consoles, and people aren't willing to dish out $250+ for it. 2014 doesn't look great for it.

As for the Gameboy, Pokemon Red.

Mirson said:
MikeRox said:
BlowoverKing said:
Come on guys let's be real. Vita's library only has about 5 games total. Multiplats, ports, indies, and collections don't count as games anymore. Only new IPs and Nintendo IPs count as games.

I'm so glad you said that...

5 games total...

Thank you for helping teach me to count. As just in the games I own, they're the games not available on another format outside Japan (for Everybody's Golf and Ragnarok Odysey). That clearly totals 5 I guess. And for the record, there are quite a few Vita exclusive titles I don't own. Again, this is about dispelling the myth. Thank you for your contribution.

How many are those are exclusive to Vita though? AC, Dead or Alive, Epic Mickey, and a couple of others can be played on the PS360; Persona 4 can be played on the PS2.

AC, DOA5 and Epic Mickey have "exclusive" vita functionality, and so can't be played in the same way on any ther system.

Persona 4 Golden has a LOT of extra content which wasn't on the PS2 version along with having much better quality visuals.

That was why I included them in the photo.

dane007 said:
@Mike Rox. You are forgetting 3ds has Riddddddddddddddge Racer! lol, Need for speed. http://www.nintendo.com/games/gameGuide
http://www.nintendo.com/games/gameGuide heres a list. There are but i can't remember all especialyl from DS as DS had lots of games.

The point is,, you gusy talk about the reason for why ps4 is selling and alot say because is more powerful ofr a cheaper price. Same goes for current gen comapre to Vita. Vita is seemed as portable home console there peopel compare the two. For most people,, portability is not enough. Why pay more a less powerful machine when you get more for less? Home consoles has better value for money and has a bigger library. Thats why 3ds is popular. Its underpowered compare to vbita but it has alot of games variety,, games that only come to 3ds plus is super cheap. In nz i can get a 2ds plus pokemon for 200nz plus. Where ps vita plus a game can easily be up to 500nzd . See the difference. thats not even including teh price of a memory card.

Still, you bought Xbox One...It's not very logical...

On the subject : People thinking vita has no games/no exclusives games/no good games are just ignorant/casual player who only play mainstream games/trolls.

That's it.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

@mike Rox --- Luckyou as its very expensive in NZ. The thing is ,, 3DS or DS are nevre considered as a portable Nintendo Home consoles unlike the PS Vita. The experience you get with either DS or 3DS ,, you won't get it any home consoles. For example Phoenix wright Ace Attorney,, Professor Layton,, Pokemone. Those are all games taht provide unique handhelp experiences to nintendo handhelds. You can't get taht on home consoles as teh experiences won't be the same. Thats what i meant