By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dispelling the myth: Vita haz no gaemz (24+ beg to differ) [challenging the boundaries of what counts as a "game"!]

it actually has good games but people DON'T KNOW IT. And that's matter here :v

Around the Network

People tend to exaggerate to a large degree when they try to enter the strange world of platform warz. Realistically, I think the combo of competition (tablets/phone and Nintendo) along with Sony overestimating how much people really want to take their playstation gaming on the road is what did them in.

MikeRox said:
Mirson said:
MikeRox said:
BlowoverKing said:
Come on guys let's be real. Vita's library only has about 5 games total. Multiplats, ports, indies, and collections don't count as games anymore. Only new IPs and Nintendo IPs count as games.

I'm so glad you said that...

5 games total...

Thank you for helping teach me to count. As just in the games I own, they're the games not available on another format outside Japan (for Everybody's Golf and Ragnarok Odysey). That clearly totals 5 I guess. And for the record, there are quite a few Vita exclusive titles I don't own. Again, this is about dispelling the myth. Thank you for your contribution.

How many are those are exclusive to Vita though? AC, Dead or Alive, Epic Mickey, and a couple of others can be played on the PS360; Persona 4 can be played on the PS2.

AC, DOA5 and Epic Mickey have "exclusive" vita functionality, and so can't be played in the same way on any ther system.

Persona 4 Golden has a LOT of extra content which wasn't on the PS2 version along with having much better quality visuals.

That was why I included them in the photo.

Despite whatever extra content or functionality they have, the core game can still be played on other consoles. That's like calling PS3 multiplat games with the  sixaxis feature exclusives because they can't be played like that on the 360.

PSP had the GTA games as their system sellers; Vita needs to find its own.

Mirson said:
MikeRox said:

AC, DOA5 and Epic Mickey have "exclusive" vita functionality, and so can't be played in the same way on any ther system.

Persona 4 Golden has a LOT of extra content which wasn't on the PS2 version along with having much better quality visuals.

That was why I included them in the photo.

Despite whatever extra content or functionality they have, the core game can still be played on other consoles. That's like calling PS3 multiplat games with the  sixaxis feature exclusives because they can't be played like that on the 360.

PSP had the GTA games to give it some awereness; Vita needs to find its own.

Which PS3 games had extra modes over the 360 version? I'm not even really aware of any that had excusive control inputs. Though touch screen inputs is a bit different to "six axis" or are you saying the PS3/360 versions of Rayman Legends completely trump the fact that it's on Wii U with control pad functionality?

That said I agree that the Vita does need to find it's own thing to give it a niche. I think the likes of Danganronpa, Toukiden, Sorcery Saga etc are now starting to provide that.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Conina said:
OdinHades said:
I have more games for Vita than for 3DS. And I spent less money to achieve that. Way less. Like, maybe half. Thanks PS Plus!

Yeah, after only 2 years I already have more games available to play on my Vita than on any handheld device before (GBC, GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS).

Thanks PS Plus and PSN sales!

Yeah, I'd go so far as to say, if you're a PS Plus member without a Vita, you're missing out on a lot of great free stuff (not that it's actually free since you pay for PS+, but you'd be missing out on half of what you get given). Now I must go and buy a PS4 so I can download the rest of the games in my download queue.

WinAPE - The Windows Amstrad Plus Emulator

JEMU  - The Java Emulation Platform

Around the Network
TarHeeLsALLday said:
Vita has a terrible library of AAA games. If you love indies and niche Japanese games you'll probably like it. It doesn't appeal to anyone else though.

I really don't get this kind of statements. I mean, can you seriously not phrase it any better? Of course it appeals to people who don't like indies or Japanese games. Why do you think it got a boost in the west last year when COD declassified and Assassin's Creed: Liberation were released. It obviously doesn't appeal to the masses, but "anyone else"?  Can you honestly claim that all 7m vita owners are into indie and niche japanese games?

Nothing against you. Just this attitude of everything considered bad called shit/garbage/crap and everything good best game ever, game of the generation, most amazing story/graphics etc. There's something in between called average. The vita has an average library at the moment (sure in my opinion it's the best thing ever, but I realize that most people don't feel like that). It's not bad, but neither good enough for more people to buy one.

@Aerys -- I never said i wa sthe majority lol. I am the minority who dom't care about this issue. i am the 1 in 3.5 mil who bought the xbox one and 1 of teh 7ishmil wo bought PS Vita. I am the type of gamer who loves playing all possbile games on all platform and love to collect them all regardles of teh price factor . For me, owning them all allows you to experience best of all worlds as you get to play games exclusive to each console/handhelds. Obviously the minority is not enough. Its the majority who vote with their wallets and thats clearly shown with the Vita total sales and the xbox one sales. There are the ones who are more important as tehy decide teh fate of the consoles/handhelds. Nice try though :)

dane007 said:
The experience you get with either DS or 3DS ,, you won't get it any home consoles. For example Phoenix wright Ace Attorney,, Professor Layton,, Pokemone. Those are all games taht provide unique handhelp experiences to nintendo handhelds. You can't get taht on home consoles as teh experiences won't be the same. Thats what i meant

You can get the Phoenix-Wright-experience on GBA, PC, Wii, iPod touch, iPhone, iPad. Even emulated on any touchscreen device it plays exactly like the DS version.

The Professor Layton games (I love them!) aren't so unique experiences either... they are stories with a lot of puzzles in it. There are many similar games on iOS and even on the Vita (Jacob Jones).

@AERYS -- it depends on how you define teh phrase No games. For some ,, they expect games that provides unique experience that can only be found on ps vita. So games liek Assasin creed , uncharted , killzone don't appeal to teh masses ,, as they can get better experiences on home consoels for cheaper. Heck teh same assassin creed game on xbox 360 or ps3 has HD resolutionn, better framrate and so on and its cheaper plus you get to experience of a huge screen. Why would play uncharted on a small screen whe you ca get on glorious 60 inch? Example is Ace attorney or professor layton. You can't get taht game on consoles ,, let alone if it ever came on it, the experience is just not the same

dane007 said:
Example is Ace attorney or professor layton. You can't get taht game on consoles...