By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dispelling the myth: Vita haz no gaemz (24+ beg to differ) [challenging the boundaries of what counts as a "game"!]

So for you , a sequel is a non existant game even if the sequel is one of the best of the serie? -_-
Ok, now i know you're a troll.

Wipeout 2048 is an exclusive wipeout, eurogamer is talking about the HD and fury DLC, nice try though :)

a game doesnt need to redefine the serie to be a different game, the fact is you cant play these games anywhere else than on Vita.  Stop being childish.

Now tell me, how many unique experiences 3DS have ? You see you're completely wrong, 3DS sells only because it has experiences already known, people dont want unique expeirences, they want big famous ip(monster hunter , Mario kart, mario 3D, SSB, Dragon Quest, ... ), so your point is totally irrelevant.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-26-wipeout-2048-review the paragraph in which i quoted to you came from the review of the vita game :). Its an exclusive game to vita but it uses and has port of all the tracks from HD and fury in it. Well i don't have many 3Ds game as to me DS was a better Handheld. For me Resident evil revelation provided a unique experiences to teh 3DS. i know its availbale on consoles,, but the wya they use teh 3D effect was stunning especially when you up the slider of teh 3ds machine to maximum and uin teh game you turn up teh 3d effect to maximum. That kind of excperience you can't get on a console. Playing it liek felt like you were in the house an dexploring it in the house. it was very cool. Same with teh 3d effect for Ridge Racer. Those were two gams that i own that used teh 3d effect the best. I hear super mario on ewas very good but i do not own the game. With teh 3ds its ,, how you implement the 3D effect. Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't. Its only selling well because its really cheap to buy one . I am not a fan of monster hunter bu ti kwno taht was blow to sony when nintendo bought it lol.

@Aerys --> Nope i don't buy games that i find better xperiences on home consoles. I only buy them in very rare occasion whn emy brothers want to comepete ,,, then i will gert it like street fighter 4 on 3ds.

Hey! My Vita collection is awesome, too!! I'll post it tomorrow.

Still, Wipeout 2048 is not less different than a new mario kart/SSB/Halo sequel, adding the content of the last games =/= being the same game, so stop your troll.

Lol, 3D doenst make a multiplatform game unique( and its brings a lot of aliasing, in Rer), just like rear touchpad doesnt make multiplatform vita game unique, resident evil revelation is not different from assassin's creed liberation or other games like Muramasa or New Little King Story(except the superior versions of these  2game are on vita, while superior Rer version is on home console )

Around the Network

Let me say this: even with "no games", I played Tomb Raider on the Vita today using Remote Play from the PS4 and it was a joy to behold. Not as smooth as the Wii U's remote play due to lag and lack of buttons but still amazong. Flower worked great, too.

@Aerys answer me this can you get a 3D effect without glasses on your ps3 or xbox 360? Can either home console do 3d effect without glasses? I have played Resident revelations on home conoles and it wasn't teh same. I preferred playing it on my 3ds with the 3ds turned on ultra max. Hence why i don't buy Mario Kart , or Super smash brothers on 3ds or nintendo handheld devices. Wipeout2048 has the exact same tracks that HD and fury had and you are paying full price for it ,, plus it looks worse then the home console version. Heck it didferent take advantage of the touch screen taht the ps vita has. Playing Wipeout 2048 on ps vita is liek playing wipeout fury on a dula shock controller but with worse graphis. Theres no difference at all. Do you really think taht jsutifies paying 250 us dolalrs for a new machine to play agame taht oyou can get baetter on consoles? Don't forget you have to add a memory card which is not cheap. Same with Assasin creed,, playing on home coles for cheap price,, no Frame rate problem, enhanced graphics adn HD rsolutotion. I wonder what people would get. Even if 3ds doesn't have much to offer,, but at least a clever use of its 3ds efect makes the experience slightly unique even if its small.

@Aerys --> Have you played resident evil revelations with 3d effects on max? Do you own a 3ds ,, just wondering? I am not trolling. These are facts ,, hence why Sony after two years in the market ,,only sold 7 million while competition has sold over 40+ million. Thats not a small difference. Don't take my word for it,, take the word of teh majority of gameRs who refuse to buy the ps vita. Sony would never understand teh handheld market. They think having console ports on a handheld would be revolutionary to gaming but its not. Because of that Nintendo will forever be king in teh handheld department. You would think Sony would have learnt their mistakes from teh psp regarding teh psp vita. Guess not as they are making the same mistake.

You are trolling when you say Wipeout 2048 is the same than on PS3, this is a fact.

I've played it an quickly disable this ugly 3D-aliasing effect ( like i did in almost all the games, it's just a gimmick and even nintendo understood that )

The majority of "gamers "(casual gamer are not really gamer to me) show i'm right, they are much more interested by famous ip, not really by unique unknown games. This is what explain the vita flop.

I am not. Wipeout2048 contains all the tracks from HD and Fury which are ps3 games right? Am i missing something. The people who created Wipeout did not buiild new tracks for VIta. Pretty much is ps3 wipeout with a different name to be honest. DO explain how is it different when you are playing the same exact tracks with control scheme taht feels exactly like DUAL SHOCK controller but on a smaller screen. The only difference is teh screen pirce and teh drop in resolution. You may not like it ,, but it provides a level of immersion which you can't get on a console. The feeling that you are looking into a box is quite cool especially when playing a horror game. Itr doesn't work wih all genre but when it works its quite awesome. Like in Super mario 3ds version ,, the reviews said turing 3d on provided the sense a vertigo. you can't get on a console. Thats what i mean by unique experience. Playing games on the vita is liek playing games on a dual shock controller. Theres no much different unless teh developers uses the additional functionality that psvita has to offer. You do know,, there are peopel who don't mind teh graphic effects when 3d is turned on. Its always about power,, or resolution ,, clearly shown by nintendo dominance in the handheld market.

So you are telling me all sony fans here are casual gamers? Because correct me if i am wrong,, sony consoles caters more to the hard core group right? PS vita is a hardcore handheld right? In that case where was teh support from Sony fans. Why didn't sony;'s fans bought vita. I mean from last gen there were 80 million users yet only 7 million bought vita . explain that. Thats bollocks. Fifa, COD, Assasin creed, Killzone, uncharted are all famous IP well before Vita even existed . By your definition,, the vita should be a great success since "casual gamers" go for big famous IP. How many copies did each above games sell in its lifetime on Vita? There are unique ones like tear away, gravity rus h, soul scarifice,, but they are not enough. Now that you reminded me,, i though t sony gamers love unique game experience . I mean since you guys have lots of indies and games like heavy rain right? Then wheres teh support for it. Explain that