By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dispelling the myth: Vita haz no gaemz (24+ beg to differ) [challenging the boundaries of what counts as a "game"!]

@Mike Rox you argue that ,, but many will tell you ,, why play a big blockbuster game with watered down graphics when you can a superior looking game on a big 55 inch screen that has no worry of battery life running out. Plus if you consider the price of owning teh vita with memory cards,, you might as well own a ps3 or 260 since vita only have console type games .. Its needs games that only come out on the vita and not consoles. The machine is good but its shame taht its not selling well. Worse thing is ,, it looks liek Sony doesn't care about Ps vita.

Around the Network

For me the problem wasn't "no game" but no exclusives. I have a PS3, a Wii and a 3DS...of the games in the op, there are only 5 (i think) that I can't play any where else or that I can't play their superior counterparts elsewhere.

To clarify, there are games like Rayman Origins which I can just play on my PS3 if I want to (with the benefit of my big screen TV and local co op using one console). Additionally, there are games like uncharted which I can just play the superior 3 games on my PS3 if I want to...

The games on that list that don't fit into the above categories are: Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Toukiden, Ys and Danganronpa. Of those, I really only care about Tearaway and Gravity Rush

...so yeah, thats my opinion on the matter. Vita has some great games, I wouldn't argue that, they just aren't games that compel me to buy the hardware...

EDIT: I forgot about Persona 4 because it was on the PS2 but you can add that to the "games I care about" list

kupomogli said:

The Vita came out five to six years after the PS3 or 360.  So if you're into gaming you have one or the other. 

So you have played every game for PS3/360/PS2 you were interested in?

No good games, you always wanted to buy, but never found time for them due to other great titles?

JWeinCom said:

So why should a PS3 or 360 owner want to buy a Vita?  Unless they are really interested in portability, it would have to be for exclusives.  That's why people aren't counting multiplatform games.  If you don't own a PS3 or a 360 or a Vita, why would you choose a Vita over those consoles?  Again, the exclusives would have to be the reason (if you're not travelling alot), and the Vita is lacking in exclusives compared to pretty much any other system.

That's why people say the Vita has no gaemz.  Because multiplatform games do just about nothing to inspire someone to buy a console unless they happen to fall into a specific niche.  It's important to have multiplatform games (see Wii U), but exclusives are far more important.

If they're not interested in portability, why would they look at a handheld console full stop?

However the spread of Vita games isn't just PS3/360 ports. There are also 3DS iOS and Android titles on it which also don't count because they're on another format. This is why the whole "no gaemz" argument falls flat, you actually need 4 systems to be able to cover all the non exclusive Vita content. And most people saying the Vita doesn't have any software don't have 4 systems...

Did you play all the PS1/PSP games that interested you as well? This is why it's dispelling the myth of "no gaemz".

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Conina said:
kupomogli said:

The Vita came out five to six years after the PS3 or 360.  So if you're into gaming you have one or the other. 

So you have played every game for PS3/360/PS2 you were interested in?

No good games, you always wanted to buy, but never found time for them due to other great titles?

Every one of them that's on the Vita.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

So why should a PS3 or 360 owner want to buy a Vita?  Unless they are really interested in portability, it would have to be for exclusives. 

Is it really that unusual, that someone is interested in portability when he is looking for a handheld?

@Mike Rox. You are forgetting 3ds has Riddddddddddddddge Racer! lol, Need for speed. http://www.nintendo.com/games/gameGuide
http://www.nintendo.com/games/gameGuide heres a list. There are but i can't remember all especialyl from DS as DS had lots of games.

The point is,, you gusy talk about the reason for why ps4 is selling and alot say because is more powerful ofr a cheaper price. Same goes for current gen comapre to Vita. Vita is seemed as portable home console there peopel compare the two. For most people,, portability is not enough. Why pay more a less powerful machine when you get more for less? Home consoles has better value for money and has a bigger library. Thats why 3ds is popular. Its underpowered compare to vbita but it has alot of games variety,, games that only come to 3ds plus is super cheap. In nz i can get a 2ds plus pokemon for 200nz plus. Where ps vita plus a game can easily be up to 500nzd . See the difference. thats not even including teh price of a memory card.

Forgot to mention ,, with that price you can get two xbox 360,, two ps3 , one wiiU or pay a bit more and you can next gen console. See the value?

I had a gameboy.

Tetris was the biggest game on it, but I already had that on ZX Spectrum, (it was also released on NES) so Tetris wasn't a Gameboy game.

Super Mario Land? Why would you want that when there were 3 (or 2 and a cash in) main Mario games on the NES?

So why was the GB worth bothering with? Most the games I had on it were inferior versions of games already on home consoles... yet another reason why the argument makes me laugh.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

So why was the GB worth bothering with?