By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dispelling the myth: Vita haz no gaemz (24+ beg to differ) [challenging the boundaries of what counts as a "game"!]

Bristow9091 said:
... You paid £45 for Uncharted? Ouch.

Then again, it IS from HMV, they're always expensive, lol.

Nah, I paid £229.99 (technically £185 which was a pretty decent price if you count full price for Uncharted haha) for my Vita though. Uncharted was included free with any Vita purchase from HMV during the launch period :)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

It has no good games. I have one and don't use it for games at all. I use it to browse the internet (like I'm doing now) and use it for my PS4. Had it not been such a good accessory for the PS4, I would have sold this thing.

DerpSandwich said:
I don't count ports and multiplats, and that goes for any system. A system can have a hundred great games on it, but if you can get them all somewhere else then there just isn't a reason to get the system.

And I don't care, if a good game is also available on another platform. When I want to play a game outside of my home, a PS3-, Wii- or 360-version of the same game is no use to me. Neither is a PC version since I don't want to carry a laptop around.

MikeRox said:
BlowoverKing said:
Come on guys let's be real. Vita's library only has about 5 games total. Multiplats, ports, indies, and collections don't count as games anymore. Only new IPs and Nintendo IPs count as games.

I'm so glad you said that...

5 games total...

Thank you for helping teach me to count. As just in the games I own, they're the games not available on another format outside Japan (for Everybody's Golf and Ragnarok Odysey). That clearly totals 5 I guess. And for the record, there are quite a few Vita exclusive titles I don't own. Again, this is about dispelling the myth. Thank you for your contribution.

No problem. I once had a mindset very similar to yours. I thought I owned 60+ Vita "games" but through the power of internet forums and gaming websites I learned that my ways of thinking were false. 

Glad I could help another person see the light when it comes to the Vita's library.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:
MikeRox said:
BlowoverKing said:
Come on guys let's be real. Vita's library only has about 5 games total. Multiplats, ports, indies, and collections don't count as games anymore. Only new IPs and Nintendo IPs count as games.

I'm so glad you said that...

5 games total...

Thank you for helping teach me to count. As just in the games I own, they're the games not available on another format outside Japan (for Everybody's Golf and Ragnarok Odysey). That clearly totals 5 I guess. And for the record, there are quite a few Vita exclusive titles I don't own. Again, this is about dispelling the myth. Thank you for your contribution.

No problem. I once had a mindset very similar to yours. I thought I owned 60+ Vita "games" but through the power of internet forums and gaming websites I learned that my ways of thinking were false. 

Glad I could help another person see the light when it comes to the Vita's library.

The scariest thing is, it turns out the PS3 and Xbox 360 both barely managed 20 games each in 7+ years on the market. How on earth did we cope with such a low output of software?

Around the Network

You have 13 games that can't be played on any other system. From your other picture you also have Ragnarok Odyssey so that's 14. Six more and you've got every exclusive for the system.

That's why people say the Vita doesn't have any games. Most people who the Vita is aimed towards don't play it while out and about, so it's nothing more than 100+ games they can play on literally any other system and 20 exclusives which may or may not be interesting to the player.

It's got pretty much no identity of its own.  Just about every game on it is a shittier version of what can be played on the PS3. 

MikeRox said:

The scariest thing is, it turns out the PS3 and Xbox 360 both barely managed 20 games each in 7+ years on the market. How on earth did we cope with such a low output of software?

Now you're the one screwing with me? :P

MikeRox said:

Because the PS3 and 360 were the most powerful consoles available.  They're not a slight upgrade above Wii graphics getting the same games as a system 4-5 times more powerful.  Not even though.  It's not even getting the all the games, it's getting around 1% of the games, and then the rest of the time it's getting nothing at all.  The worst thing it's not even getting the best games.

kupomogli said:
MikeRox said:

Because the PS3 and 360 were the most powerful consoles available.  They're not a slight upgrade above Wii graphics getting the same games as a system 4-5 times more powerful.

However, you missed the rule. If a game is available on any other system, it is not a game for that system. ;)

This suddenly makes the lineup on all systems look much smaller, unless it's a Nintendo system. Remember, in this world, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, FIFA, Madden, etc do not exist.

These are the current games i play. It's a mix of everything then:P Just games not exclusives:)

My VITA haz GAMES ! ! !