By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki (Feb 10-16)

routsounmanman said:
retroking1981 said:
Those DK sales are depressing.

How can a sequel to a game that sold over a million in Japan fail to give any sort of HW boost?

It was one of only 16 games to shift 1m+ last gen on home consoles.

Nintendo has been serving platformers for the past 4 years non stop. People are simply tired, and they can't seem to notice.

Shouldn't people be tired of the yearly FPS games and some JRPG series by that logic ? After all, leaving Nintendo aside, how many "AAA" retail platformers are there in the market ?

Around the Network

3DS destroying practically everything else combined, as usual, then.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

The WII Us fate is pretty much sealed in Japan ...

osed125 said:

Platformers Nintendo has published since 2010:

1. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  2. Kirby's Epic Yarn
  3. Kirby's Return to Dream Land
  4. New Super Mario Bros. 2
  5. Mario 3D Land
  6. New Super Mario Bros. U
  7. Mario 3D World
  8. Donkey Country Tropical Freeze

Nintendo published games since 2010: aprox 60

(Info taking from wikipedia, might have made some mistakes or left some games because I was on a rush).

I'm going to be mean about point out your mistakes:

• Super Mario Galaxy 2 (HOW COULD YOU!?)
  • New Super Luigi U
  • Kirby: Triple Deluxe (since this is a Japan thread)
And in the interests of making it look even worse: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Kirby's Dream Collection.

Kresnik said:
osed125 said:

2. Kirby's Epic Yarn
  5. Mario 3D Land
  7. Mario 3D World

(Info taking from wikipedia, might have made some mistakes or left some games because I was on a rush).

• New Super Luigi U
And in the interests of making it look even worse: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Kirby's Dream Collection.

Didn't count NSLU because it's a DLC. Didn't included Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D nor Kirby's Dream Collection because they are remakes.

SMG 2 came out in 2010? I thought it was 2009 for some reason. I completely forgot about Triple Deluxe. 

Even if you include all of them, is still 13 vs 60.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

I was just thinking... is the Knack download code included with every launch PS4 in Japan?

Because if it is, we could see a really weird situation where it doesn't chart in Media Create; but gets something like 250k or so on Famitsu. And VGC will likely take the average of the two and decided it had 125k FW sales.

Troll_Whisperer said:
GTA V sales in Japan are nothing short of amazing. They are actually up this week. With a re-release, it could hit a million.

The power of word of mouth.

seiya19 said:

Shouldn't people be tired of the yearly FPS games and some JRPG series by that logic ? After all, leaving Nintendo aside, how many "AAA" retail platformers are there in the market ?

Call of Duty peaked at MW3. It dropped with Blops 2 and is currently dropping again with Ghosts.

Battlefield 4 is selling less than Battlefield 3

Medal of Honor Warfighter sold a lot less than Medal of Honor

Final Fantasy XIII-2 sold less than XIII, Lightning Returns is gonna bomb.

Nintendo developers need creative freedom I think.

hated_individual said:
Talal said:
hated_individual said:
Well Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is only 4 days out not one week, thus I assume if DKCTF was released on February 10th then it would have been over 50K. Remember how everyone was going doom and gloom about Super Mario 3D World and it only had like a day or two for its launch week...

Every single time this argument.

You hate valid arguments... It is opening week for this game, I guess to you one week is consisting of 4 days :P

This is never a valid argument. It'll drop below 15k next week. It released on the normal day to release games. Only instances where the date may effect the sales of the game if it were released on the last day of the sales week.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Congratulations to Mr. Iwata, Mr. Genyo Takeda, and everyone else on Nintendo's board of directors.

You've successfully made the first Nintendo console that can't even sell Nintendo software (let alone 2nd or 3rd party content).

Kudos, because it takes real effort to be that out of touch with the marketplace. But hey, at least you're "unique". Maybe you can proactively announce you're taking a pay cut for the next fiscal year while you're at it. 

This isn't the fault of EAD or Retro or Platinum Games ... they are delivering good content ... Nintendo's management has f*cked this console up so badly beyond repair from day 1. Mario Kart 8 is doing nothing but providing a temporary boost and then will probably end up being the lowest selling console Mario Kart.

osed125 said:
Kresnik said:
osed125 said:

2. Kirby's Epic Yarn
  5. Mario 3D Land
  7. Mario 3D World

• New Super Luigi U

Even if you include all of them, is still 13 vs 60.

And that is NOT TOO MUCH? Even Microsoft first party has more variety.