By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki (Feb 10-16)

Happy to see Vita stable above 15k without any major releases. And Donkey Kong was a tropical flop, anyone following the COMG thread saw that coming. It might still grow some decent legs but it did nothing for hardware. The WiiU needs a system seller, and this isn't it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
rik said:
So dkc 35k in 2 days seems good why all the hate?

Four days.  no game gets a seven day first week.  I don't know why every time a game ununderperforms we get people saying it was only __ days.

It released on 14th i thought? So that would be two days. And who are you to say when a game underperforms i wonder. This game will sell very well in usa and ok in europe

rik said:
Yakuzaice said:
rik said:
So dkc 35k in 2 days seems good why all the hate?

Four days.  no game gets a seven day first week.  I don't know why every time a game ununderperforms we get people saying it was only __ days.

It released on 14th i thought? So that would be two days. And who are you to say when a game underperforms i wonder. This game will sell very well in usa and ok in europe

Indeed, the game moved 1600 Wii U's a huge succes!   Yakuzaice is such a loser ...underperforms lool...X_X//

Zero999 said:
trestres said:
Zero999 said:

lol, what? did you even read? 3d world had a big impact on wii u sales for the holidays.

You believe that HW sales will rise next week onwards?

onwards up to a certain point. it depends on what kind of legs dk shows.

That may be your funniest prediction yet. You expect Donkey Kong to improve hardware sales every week? Even though it did absolutely nothing during it's launch week? Ok. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

celador said:
Home console sales in Japan make me sad. Hard to believe PS4 is gonna be be a massive success over there like some are claiming.

It will beat many person expectations just like it did in West

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
rik said:

It released on the 13th, and the tracking week goes through the 16th.  There isn't a whole lot of gray in these numbers, they are quite bad.  Go back a month or two ago and find someone predicting 36k SW sales and a 1.6k hardware boost (or almost no boost from Famitsu numbers).  The rerelease of DKCR on 3DS sold about 3x more and gave it an ~8k HW boost.  You were commenting about Japanese numbers in a thread about Japanese numbers.  What it may or may not sell in the USA and Europe isn't really relevant.

If the numbers are good on their own, why did you need to qualify it with saying it was just two days?

Horrible dkc sales. Horrible wiiU sales.

OK 3ds numbers. However, they're horrible when you compare them to those of last year.

Nice hold for DQ.

Bad numbers for vita, but I guess they are good when you compare them to last year numbers which were horrible...

Don't care about the rest.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

People who were watching the COMG thread kind of expected Donkey doing bad, pre orders were very low...

heavy blizzard in japan could explain these DK sales?

pezus said:
celador said:
Home console sales in Japan make me sad. Hard to believe PS4 is gonna be be a massive success over there like some are claiming.

People said the same about sales in the West. WiiU is and was a mess there and yet PS4 broke records. I'm not expecting PS4 to break PS2's massive records in Japan but certainly higher sales than Vita and WiiU (at launch)

Wii U sold 307k launch week and Vita 321k in Japan, so I think 400k could be possible,but not significantly more than that.  Having said that, Japan is kind of a wildcard at this point and they could surprise us with some impressive launch week sales.  Long term sales in Japan should be interesting.