By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS V: Ground Zeroes Console Quality Comparison Video

Aerys said:

Stay on the subject, (even if i agree, ethomaz didnt deserve all his bans :)  , when i see some guys trolling with gif in their sign and dont get banned, then ethomaz post a funny neogaf gif and get banned... )

It depends on the context.

If you think the gif in someones signature is trolling or baiting, report them for it. Its in the rules - "Similarly, do not create threads, posts or signatures just to bait people of a specific fan group."

Trolling is trolling. To some people its funny. To some people its irritating and unfunny. If you think theyre trolling or baiting... Report them! Its really not that difficult.

Around the Network
Saebid said:

Carl2291 said:

And if thats the truth then like I said youve gone about it all the wrong way. Creating an alt and posting on the forums with it will just get you banned again, for longer.

Get over it. Argue against it in the proper fashion. Come back and improve yourself.

I need to improve like the mods needs to stop to made these bans... I will make my part how I always do but when I do a fair comment and even so get banned... something is wrong.

How to you expect to the users make the right thing when the rules here didn't do that.

They do not. They are on the right track and doing a wonderful job in keeping this community balanced and enjoyable. Get over it already.

Saebid said:

Carl2291 said:

And if thats the truth then like I said youve gone about it all the wrong way. Creating an alt and posting on the forums with it will just get you banned again, for longer.

Get over it. Argue against it in the proper fashion. Come back and improve yourself.

I need to improve like the mods needs to stop to made these bans... I will make my part how I always do but when I do a fair comment and even so get banned... something is wrong.

For fuck sake.

HOW DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO ACT WHEN YOU ALWAYS BREAK THE RULES?!

Its not exactly rocket science. Ive explained it to you. You got banned because your comment was interpreted as being insincere, trolling flamebait. There is no reason at all for you to bring the Wii U up. Your post history makes it look like youre trolling again. The moderators act as they see the situation. In this situation, axumblade saw you as concern trolling.

That said, youre STILL posting on your alt account. It may or may not be fair. You may or may not remain banned. The point is your history dictates that youre a trouble causer and thus, the mods will be harsh with you. If you think the system is unfair then there are ways for you to say this and get your message to the mod team - Creating an alt account and whining about it on the forums as if youre some kind of victim isnt that way.

Im done here now anyway, this went way off topic a long time ago. Cheerio.

J_Allard said:
Saebid said:

Carl2291 said:

The rules are fair to everybody because its based on reputation. Its a progression based system.

You have a relatively large mod history (especially in recent memory) so your comments will be scrutinised more than someone who doesnt have a relatively large mod history. I used to be in the same boat as you when Maxwell banned me for the least little thing. I cleaned my act up and stopped acting like a dick on the forums and currently, I aint been banned in over 2 and a half Years.

You need to look at substance.

My mod history is like...

2007-2012: No ban (one fair ban to be accurate)
2013-2014: 15 or more bans?

Something change... my comments are more light today then 2009 for example.

And I disagree with the reputation... it is used to how long the ban is... not to unfair ban people... you can't be banned for something you didn't even if you have the demon reputation.

I don't think a single person here would be surprised to read that. Around the Xbox One reveal you start trolling a lot more, and "to the point" as you admit. And as the GAF hivemind did their thing you copy and pasted almost all of it here, so of course you're going to have more bans for this time.

Reputations are fine. There was a thread recently where someone asked why the Vita isn't selling in the US and I listed no games, overpriced, stupid memory cards (or something to that effect). I was warned for trolling or something, even though those were 3 honest answers. But I understand I was warned because of my reputation, and that's fine.

If you don't like your reputation getting you banned, maybe change the reputation?

So, what you're saying is that because you're not a big Sony fan, you can't give legitimate criticisms of Sony because for you, in particular, to do it is trolling? What a flimsy definition of the word. I'm a Sony fan, and I 100% agree that the Vita doesn't sell due to its high price point, lack of games (which is what people mean when they say "no games"), and those proprietary memory cards are dumb.

Conversely, ethomaz getting a ban and you getting a warning for your comment means that if I say "XBone doesn't sell well because Kinect is pretty useless for games" means I should get a warning, even though it's a legitimate opinion despite me not caring for Xbox.

It's cherrypicking. Mods should be objective.

I only report in exceptional trolling situations, not just for a gif
Some moderators ban too easily, i think neogaf moderation is much better, even the perfect moderation.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

So, what you're saying is that because you're not a big Sony fan, you can't give legitimate criticisms of Sony because for you, in particular, to do it is trolling? What a flimsy definition of the word. I'm a Sony fan, and I 100% agree that the Vita doesn't sell due to its high price point, lack of games (which is what people mean when they say "no games"), and those proprietary memory cards are dumb.

Conversely, ethomaz getting a ban and you getting a warning for your comment means that if I say "XBone doesn't sell well because Kinect is pretty useless for games" means I should get a warning, even though it's a legitimate opinion despite me not caring for Xbox.

It's cherrypicking. Mods should be objective.

No because:

1. You don't have a history of trolling
2. You worded it better. Had I wored my post better, it would not have drawn a warning. Had etho worded his better, it would not have drawn a ban. But we reap what we sow, unless we're a Greyjoy, in which case we do not sow.

Either way had I been banned for that comment I'd have surely messaged someone about it upon returning but I certainly wouldn't make an alt and derail a thread, which I don't want to participate in derailing further so toodles.

Saebid said:

Carl2291 said:

You quite clearly did change, because no tonly have I noticed it but your mod history says it too.

WHen you argue against a moderation, youre not supposed to create an alt account and post on the forums with it. ALl youre going to do here is get your ban increased and make the mods even more annoyed at you.

Its a classic tale of the boy who cried wolf. You keep causing trouble, yet the one time that youre apprantly being sincere, you get banned for it.

Look at yourself before youre quick to blame the moderators or the rules. The problem here is you and your posting style. Clean your act up.

Yeap... I put my ass on the table to make what I think is better for the health of the community... I will accept the reactions over that.

The problem here is that my comment is and will never be a banable comment... my post history, my reputation, my acts... didn't change that.

I was curious to see a Wii U version in the comparison... I want to see how it will lock head to head with the last gen and this gen consoles... it is a fair comment and noboddy can spin that fact.... moderation cause a lot of trouble because a fair and reasonable comment... that can't happen again.

I'd put it this way.  After you posted,  Joe put the question to mod chat... over half the mods responded... and every one of them agreed they would of banned you... and the ones who haven't been on yet aren't exactly the ones likely to be in your corner.

If you were sincere, it's all on you that nobody sees it that way...  and you need to clean your act up.  Hell the guy who you just responded to is an excellent example of that.

Kasz216 said:
Saebid said:

Carl2291 said:

You quite clearly did change, because no tonly have I noticed it but your mod history says it too.

WHen you argue against a moderation, youre not supposed to create an alt account and post on the forums with it. ALl youre going to do here is get your ban increased and make the mods even more annoyed at you.

Its a classic tale of the boy who cried wolf. You keep causing trouble, yet the one time that youre apprantly being sincere, you get banned for it.

Look at yourself before youre quick to blame the moderators or the rules. The problem here is you and your posting style. Clean your act up.

Yeap... I put my ass on the table to make what I think is better for the health of the community... I will accept the reactions over that.

The problem here is that my comment is and will never be a banable comment... my post history, my reputation, my acts... didn't change that.

I was curious to see a Wii U version in the comparison... I want to see how it will lock head to head with the last gen and this gen consoles... it is a fair comment and noboddy can spin that fact.... moderation cause a lot of trouble because a fair and reasonable comment... that can't happen again.

I'd put it this way.  After you posted,  Joe put the question to mod chat... over half the mods responded... and every one of them agreed they would of banned you... and the ones who haven't been on yet aren't exactly the ones likely to be in your corner.

If you were sincere, it's all on you that nobody sees it that way...  and you need to clean your act up.  Hell the guy who you just responded to is an excellent example of that.

Sheesh, I caused alot of drama over here since I'm the one who reported it ...

fatslob-:O said:
Kasz216 said:
Saebid said:

Carl2291 said:

I was curious to see a Wii U version in the comparison... I want to see how i

t will lock head to head with the last gen and this gen consoles... it is a fair comment and noboddy can spin that fact.... moderation cause a lot of trouble because a fair and reasonable comment... that can't happen again.

Eh, not really.  probably 60-70% of bans go through mod chat first.(This one did too, just Joe and a single other mod were apparently around at the time.)

Most people just don't know this, which is why it's always funny when people complain that a mod has it out against them. 

Kasz216 said:
fatslob-:O said:
Kasz216 said:
Saebid said:

Carl2291 said:

I was curious to see a Wii U version in the comparison... I want to see how i

t will lock head to head with the last gen and this gen consoles... it is a fair comment and noboddy can spin that fact.... moderation cause a lot of trouble because a fair and reasonable comment... that can't happen again.

Eh, not really.  probably 60-70% of bans go through mod chat first.(This one did too, just Joe and a single other mod were apparently around at the time.)

Most people just don't know this, which is why it's always funny when people complain that a mod has it out against them. 

Umm, what exatly is mod chat ?

And how do I get there ?