By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS V: Ground Zeroes Console Quality Comparison Video

Carl2291 said:

Its not unfair why you got banned at all. Read Rule 1, Rule 8 and more importantly in this case Rule 10. Ill post some bits from the page.

"VGChartz uses a progressive moderation system. This means that repeats of the same offense will often result in harsher penalties, starting with a warning and working up."

"Keep posts on topic as much as possible."

"Similarly, do not create threads, posts or signatures just to bait people of a specific fan group. Bait threads will be locked and you will be moderated for them. If you spend a lot of time making hit-and-run negative threads or posts about a specific platform you will also be moderated at the discretion of the moderators."

The last quote, from Rule 10, is the most important one here. You have a history of making baiting, negative, hit and run posts against things that arent PlayStation. When you post something like you did, with the sad face on top of it, it looks like sarcasm. It looks like concern trolling. This is why you were banned, because you have a reputation of doing things like that.

The sheer fact that you admit to trolling "direct to the point" isnt going to help you in future situations where you will no doubt be banned again for trolling within the next couple of Months.

Wait... I never uses the sad emoticons to express Sarcarms... you can look my posts... I use it when I was really sad because something... in the old days I even asked guys how to use sarcarms... I try sometimes but never got the right to make this works in English.

I'm being sincere... I don't deny that I troll sometimes but I make direct comments and not this overthinking comments.

And the rules have to be fair for everybody... ethomaz's comments = ban because his reputation vs other's comments = fine becuase their reputations seems unfair and biased for me.

Around the Network
Saebid said:

And the rules have to be fair for everybody... ethomaz's comments = ban because his reputation vs other's comments = fine becuase their reputations seems unfair and biased for me.

Allowing users to accrue a reputation IS fair.

VitroBahllee said:

I don't think so.

User1 "Hello fellas" = Ban
User2 "Hello fellas" = Cool

This is the most unfair thing ever... the reputation was to be used to decide how log the ban is not a subjective way to decide if a comment is a troll or not.

What I mean is... in case of doubt if a use is trolling or not what do you will do? Ban if you dislike him or do nothing if you like him.

No law in the world condenates a mulder because the reputation... they chance the decision (how much time it will be condened) due the reputation.

Saebid said:

VitroBahllee said:

I don't think so.

This is the most unfair thing ever... the reputation was to be used to decide how log the ban is not a subjective way to decide if a comment is a troll or not.

What I mean is... in case of doubt if a use is trolling or not what do you will do? Ban if you dislike him or do nothing if you like him.

No law in the world condenates a mulder because the reputation... they chance the decision (how much time it will be condened) due the reputation.

You're looking at it black and white. You were banned because the mods thought your post was insincere and thus provocative. If it had come from a Nintendo fan there would be no doubt they were sincere and actually sad about it not coming to WiiU.

We only have your word for you saying you're sad about it, but of course you're going to defend yourself.

Your example is poor as well, if any user started posting racial abused ect they would received punishment no matter who they are. But for things like this it isn't cut and dry.

Seece said:
Saebid said:

VitroBahllee said:

I don't think so.

You're looking at it black and white. You were banned because the mods thought your post was insincere and thus provocative. If it had come from a Nintendo fan there would be no doubt they were sincere and actually sad about it not coming to WiiU.

We only have your word for you saying you're sad about it, but of course you're going to defend yourself.

Your example is poor as well, if any user started posting racial abused ect they would received punishment no matter who they are. But for things like this it isn't cut and dry.

Seece is right. You are hearing the word 'reputation' and not realizing it doesn't mean "They treated you differently on the one thing you said because of your reputation." What it means is 'This last thing isn't the major reason we're banning you, it's because you ALWAYS say rude stuff.'

Arguing over how bannable this last thing is doesn't matter. It was the 'straw that broke the camels back.' The sum of all the inciting stuff you've said from your last ban is what got you banned.

It's like saying there's a 1,000 word limit on something. You type five hundred words, then another five hundred words, then add one more word. "It's just a word!" Yes, but it adds up to the other ones to make 1,001.

Around the Network

Seece said:

So ban because mod thinks I was insincere and provacative is fair enought? For me this is a offence for me more than a bad work... nobody can say I'm being insincere and provocative without show proof about that... of couse I will defend myself when I got offended like that.

Like I said this situatin is like call me idiot with the finger in my face.

Saebid said:

Wait... I never uses the sad emoticons to express Sarcarms... you can look my posts... I use it when I was really sad because something... in the old days I even asked guys how to use sarcarms... I try sometimes but never got the right to make this works in English.

I'm being sincere... I don't deny that I troll sometimes but I make direct comments and not this overthinking comments.

The rules are fair to everybody because its based on reputation. Its a progression based system.

You have a relatively large mod history (especially in recent memory) so your comments will be scrutinised more than someone who doesnt have a relatively large mod history. I used to be in the same boat as you when Maxwell banned me for the least little thing. I cleaned my act up and stopped acting like a dick on the forums and currently, I aint been banned in over 2 and a half Years.

You need to look at substance. 

VitroBahllee said:

Seece is right. You are hearing the word 'reputation' and not realizing it doesn't mean "They treated you differently on the one thing you said because of your reputation." What it means is 'This last thing isn't the major reason we're banning you, it's because you ALWAYS say rude stuff.'

Arguing over how bannable this last thing is doesn't matter. It was the 'straw that broke the camels back.' The sum of all the inciting stuff you've said from your last ban is what got you banned.

It's like saying there's a 1,000 word limit on something. You type five hundred words, then another five hundred words, then add one more word. "It's just a word!" Yes, but it adds up to the other ones to make 1,001.

I can't underdand what you guys are trying to say (this is my fault... not yours)...

For me it is simple... I made a comment about how I was curious to see a Wii U version of the game in the comparision video and blamed Konami because they choose to exclude Wii U from the list of plataforms (this is a unfair decision but I understand that beause what matter to Konami is sales after all).

I was banned because that... this is ridiculous to use the least strong work and in my opinion it is like to call me a retarded or idiot.

Carl2291 said:

The rules are fair to everybody because its based on reputation. Its a progression based system.

You have a relatively large mod history (especially in recent memory) so your comments will be scrutinised more than someone who doesnt have a relatively large mod history. I used to be in the same boat as you when Maxwell banned me for the least little thing. I cleaned my act up and stopped acting like a dick on the forums and currently, I aint been banned in over 2 and a half Years.

You need to look at substance.

My mod history is like...

2007-2012: No ban (one fair ban to be accurate)
2013-2014: 15 or more bans?

Something change... my comments are more light today then 2009 for example.

And I disagree with the reputation... it is used to how long the ban is... not to unfair ban people... you can't be banned for something you didn't even if you have the demon reputation.

Saebid said:

My mod history is like...

2007-2012: No ban (one fair ban to be accurate)
2013-2014: 15 or more bans?

Something change... my comments are more light today then 2009 for example.

And I disagree with the reputation... it is used to how long the ban is... not to unfair ban people... you can't be banned for something you didn't even if you have the demon reputation.

lol, thats just proof of what I said earlier. Since the Xbox One reveal (may have been PS4) you changed as a poster due to your frequenting of GAF. You started acting like a typical GAF user on the GAF troll-train thinking too much about the little console war. Everything because a competition and since the reveal of Gen 8, youve been on a little crusade of posting against things that arent PlayStation.

This builds up your reputation as a trouble causer and the mods will be tougher on you. Its not up to you to decide what is and isnt fair, its up to the mod team. If they deem you as a trouble causer, they will be tough on any posts that could be looked at as either trolling, baiting or flaming. Thats just the way it is.

Clean up your act and youll clean up your mod history.